Hill: Brandon Carr Unwilling To Accept A Pay Cut

p1_

DCC 4Life
Let Stephen usher in the era of devalued corners. We can do this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Does Carr's agent think he writes the checks? What a dumb statement.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Does Carr's agent think he writes the checks? What a dumb statement.
Honestly, what else is he going to say? It is not like the contract gives the Cowboys a ton of leverage. This was not one of the hallmark contracts on Goof Son's resume.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You knew it was coming, but it just makes the Moore non-tender hurt all over again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Honestly, what else is he going to say? It is not like the contract gives the Cowboys a ton of leverage. This was not one of the hallmark contracts on Goof Son's resume.
Maybe, just maybe, good son's resume started after his contract.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think Carr holds way more leverage now that the Cowboys for some reason let Moore go.

Who are you going to run out there? And let's be honest nickel defense used just as much or more than base these days so you need 3 good ones.

Scandrick, Claiborne, :lol and Patmon?

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
I was watching the NFL Network replays of a few Cowboy games from last season... WOW. The offseason makes you forget how many times you see Brandon Carr chasing after someone who just burned him.

I don't care if he played a little better toward the end of the season; if he isn't going to play for less $$, hit the road. Patmon can't do worse than Carr did.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Moore.... /facepalm

Thought that was a slam dunk that he would be back. Now we have 2 cbs that have some kind of issues and no viable replacements. It almost feels like they had to pacify Jerry with some kind of control so he wouldn't give Murray 18 mill a year so they gave him the choice of who to tender.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moore.... /facepalm

Thought that was a slam dunk that he would be back. Now we have 2 cbs that have some kind of issues and no viable replacements. It almost feels like they had to pacify Jerry with some kind of control so he wouldn't give Murray 18 mill a year so they gave him the choice of who to tender.
No the tender has Garrett written all over it. Lets make sure to keep a toy that he never uses in Dunbar (Just like wanting another TE every year) and not worry about the cheap defensive player who played a ton of snaps and held up well.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
at this point i think you put your head to the wall and start drafting front 7 and keep the CBs the way it is, maybe try to trade for someone off the Jets since they have 800 CB's right now.

More pressure on the QB, better the secondary looks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
More pressure on the QB, better the secondary looks.
Not that I disagree with you, but a shitty secondary will still look shitty. The thing is I have no problem with Scadrick and Carr as the starting corners. Just sucks that we are locked into paying Carr that much money if we want to keep him. If we cut him our secondary starts to look real ugly and suddenly we have to do something in a panic.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was watching the NFL Network replays of a few Cowboy games from last season... WOW. The offseason makes you forget how many times you see Brandon Carr chasing after someone who just burned him.

I don't care if he played a little better toward the end of the season; if he isn't going to play for less $$, hit the road. Patmon can't do worse than Carr did.
I don't know if this is hyperbole or you really think this, but I hear enough of this type statement to know some actually believe this.

It's incredibly ignorant to think in any way or form that Patmon would play at the level of Carr or should be considered a viable option at this time.

Keeping Carr at his salary is not the end of the world and unless a clear upgrade is available you don't cut him to start freakin Patmon.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Not that I disagree with you, but a shitty secondary will still look shitty. The thing is I have no problem with Scadrick and Carr as the starting corners. Just sucks that we are locked into paying Carr that much money if we want to keep him. If we cut him our secondary starts to look real ugly and suddenly we have to do something in a panic.
Yeah all of this angst is funny Carr is not worth the money but he is not easily replaceable with any joe off the street.

And if he is cut CB is a need that has to be addressed in the draft.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah all of this angst is funny Carr is not worth the money but he is not easily replaceable with any joe off the street.

And if he is cut CB is a need that has to be addressed in the draft.
And, I'm perfectly fine with cutting him and going after a CB in rounds 4 or 5.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And, I'm perfectly fine with cutting him and going after a CB in rounds 4 or 5.
It's extremely unlikely for a 4th or 5th rounder to come in and contribute at even a average level.

How is that helping your team get better, just hoping and wishing?

Cotton

Staff member
It's extremely unlikely for a 4th or 5th rounder to come in and contribute at even a average level.

How is that helping your team get better, just hoping and wishing?
As long as we improve our pass rush, a 4th or 5th rounder will be fine as long as the scouts are doing their job.

Jiggyfly

Banned
As long as we improve our pass rush, a 4th or 5th rounder will be fine as long as the scouts are doing their job.
How can a 4th or 5th rounder be fine when you got consensus 1st rounder not being fine every year?

Cincy has a good pass rush and Kilpatrick has not been fine Ryan has had 2 1st round bust at CB in NY and he is a great D Coordinator.

Talk about oversimplification.

Cotton

Staff member
How can a 4th or 5th rounder be fine when you got consensus 1st rounder not being fine every year?

Cincy has a good pass rush and Kilpatrick has not been fine Ryan has had 2 1st round bust at CB in NY and he is a great D Coordinator.

Talk about oversimplification.
Again, as long as your scouts are doing their job. You are going to miss on picks, but I am not a fan of going for a CB high in the draft. Get your front 7 stout, and you can plug and play at the CB spot, especially if you have decent safeties.

Top Bottom