Davison: Dallas Cowboys staff energized by coaching Senior Bowl prospects

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You guys clearly did not read the article. I am disappoint.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You guys clearly did not read the article. I am disappoint.
" Wentz stated. "It has been work but it has also been fun. The staff has been full of energy and challenging you every second. Lots of enthusiasm from Coach Garrett, I learned how to clap, then spit. Not sure what Coach Wilson was doing though. Just stood around a lot. Staring at me. Kind of creeped me out, but it's all good."

Sounds legit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I dislike Garrett and I disagree with plenty of stuff you say but I actually agree with you on this. There is a reason why the players seem to always have Garrett's back. For all his faults the players do seem to buy into Garrett.
Yeah, this is probably about how I feel as well.

Genghis Khan

:lol Oh ok.

Well suffice to say I don't think the approaches are the same and it wouldn't surprise me to see this team bounce back and be a playoff team again next year.

Unless of course Romo gets hurt. As we all know, it's darn near impossible to win an nfl game without Tony Romo. 1-11.

Genghis Khan

Yeah, but you guys basically have invented that. That's his media persona, it's the same bullshit that Eagles fans got tired of with Andy Reid.

He's not like that in the locker room.
So what? Reid had real success. Results matter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Garrett's "Real as Fuck." Perhaps you guys didn't get the memo.
There's no doubt that Garrett projects well with the players. The problem isn't his personality it's his ability to utilize players and systems that are the best fit to maximize production.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So what? Reid had real success. Results matter.
That's why I said "You can argue that he's ineffective." But the bitching about his persona isn't real. He's not like that with the players, and they clearly like him.

Not that who players like really means anything -- they liked Wade too and he was a clown. But I'm just saying, there is something important to a lot of Garrett's repeated mantras, and I think his professionalism comes off as genuine instead of phony. It's one of the reasons I have supported him, because I do think he's doing things the right way, even if he has other areas he struggles with.

I don't want to go back to clowns like Campo or Wade.

Anyway, the point is, as I said, the "hard coaching" and attention to detail does help get the most out of these players. Maybe he's subverting it with other screwups (that's a different debate) but even if he is, then I think the ground work is being laid for the next guy who comes along, these players will have probably picked up some good habits.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Garrett's demeanor is professional, but how much does this matter when coaching football? Marv Levy was professional and he clearly knew how to coach and lead, but he had a toughness about him.

I feel a coach must demonstrate toughness at some point to draw emotional respect from football players. When that connection is made they'll not only hear, but also learn and repeat to themselves over and over.

You connect this way with team leaders who perform at a high level and reinforce that message in the locker room and on the field.

DeMarco Murray did that in a big way in 2014. They had no one in 2015.

Thing is was Murray's leadership (or Romo's for that matter) a product of a belief in the coach and the system, or in himself and his contract? 9 seasons of Garrett say it's the latter, not the former. Garrett doesn't find leaders like Parcells could.

Top Bottom