Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
we would have to reach on Shaq Thompson or hope for Alvin Dupree to be there. Now, if we could trade down to maybe the beginning of the 2nd and pick up a 3rd or 4th I'd be all over that - drafting Thompson or maybe Kikaha whom I know nothing about but has fantastic statistics from 2014
The other option is to take a MLBer and move Sean Lee outside (What most of us have wanted to do if we resign Rolando). A lot of people on here are really high on Eric Kendricks. I must say I really like the player as well. Why he is only the 3rd or 4th best MLBer on some so called expert boards I have no idea. It makes me feel like he would be a bad fit for us in the first, but ultimately I do like the player.

I don't think Dupree is really a 4-3 OLBer. The guy will probably be up near 270lbs soon. He wouldn't have the agility we need to play OLBer in our defense. I really like Shaq Thompson or PJ Dawson.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
LB in the first then? Wouldn't surprise me but I don't think I'd be happy about it.
Not a bad move at all.

Dallas has said repeatedly they don't like drafting their 1-techniques in the 1st round and if you think about it that's what this defense is missing most with Hardy, Crawford, and Lawrence as starters.

So the other gaping holes are at LB, Safety, and CB.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The other option is to take a MLBer and move Sean Lee outside (What most of us have wanted to do if we resign Rolando). A lot of people on here are really high on Eric Kendricks. I must say I really like the player as well. Why he is only the 3rd or 4th best MLBer on some so called expert boards I have no idea. It makes me feel like he would be a bad fit for us in the first, but ultimately I do like the player.

I don't think Dupree is really a 4-3 OLBer. The guy will probably be up near 270lbs soon. He wouldn't have the agility we need to play OLBer in our defense. I really like Shaq Thompson or PJ Dawson.
I'd love to have Dupree, but I see him as a DE.

dallen

Senior Tech
I thought one of the coaches had already said that they expected to move Lee outside this year. Did I imagine that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to have Dupree, but I see him as a DE.
He is a great athlete but absolutely he is a DE in our defense. I'd still draft him in a heartbeat. We don't know for sure how good Lawrence will be and Hardy can always be a one year rental if Dupree develops and Lawrence looks great.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I thought one of the coaches had already said that they expected to move Lee outside this year. Did I imagine that?
I remember seeing something about that as well but dont remember who it came from.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Not a bad move at all.

Dallas has said repeatedly they don't like drafting their 1-techniques in the 1st round and if you think about it that's what this defense is missing most with Hardy, Crawford, and Lawrence as starters.

So the other gaping holes are at LB, Safety, and CB.
Yeah, I don't really want to take a LB in the first, but if it saves us from taking a CB then I'm all for it. With Hardy's signing I don't see us going DE. Our top needs are RB, DT, LB, CB and S.

Like you mentioned, we don't seem to like taking 1 tech's in the 1st and most in the league aren't taking RB's in round 1 either. On the flip side, Guard and Center aren't normally 1st round targets and we took one of each in round 1 back to back years, so anything is possible. Also considering we're drafting 27th I don't think we'd have the same apprehension about drafting a position we normally wouldn't want to take in the 1st.

Right now I'd be fine with the best available DT, LB or RB in the first round.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah, I don't really want to take a LB in the first, but if it saves us from taking a CB then I'm all for it. With Hardy's signing I don't see us going DE. Our top needs are RB, DT, LB, CB and S.

Like you mentioned, we don't seem to like taking 1 tech's in the 1st and most in the league aren't taking RB's in round 1 either. On the flip side, Guard and Center aren't normally 1st round targets and we took one of each in round 1 back to back years, so anything is possible. Also considering we're drafting 27th I don't think we'd have the same apprehension about drafting a position we normally wouldn't want to take in the 1st.

Right now I'd be fine with the best available DT, LB or RB in the first round.
If we can get a guy like Lee or McClain that isn't a head case or constantly hurt I don't see how you could complain.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If we can get a guy like Lee or McClain that isn't a head case or constantly hurt I don't see how you could complain.
If Lee were to last a season, I would lose my shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No surprise that this is a Philly beat writer tweeting this. I suppose he thinks that would hurt us. Longterm it would actually help. He would only get 4 games to prove himself, making it much easier to re-sign him to a longer deal next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Eskin can go suck a fat dick while mulling over how it is that his beloved Eagles haven't been able to win a title in 50+ years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No surprise that this is a Philly beat writer tweeting this. I suppose he thinks that would hurt us. Longterm it would actually help. He would only get 4 games to prove himself, making it much easier to re-sign him to a longer deal next year.
I don't think there is any way they could get a suspension like that to stand the appeals process.

dallen

Senior Tech

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think there is any way they could get a suspension like that to stand the appeals process.
Of course not, but this douche is tweeting this like it would make our acquisition of him a mistake. It wouldn't at all. 1. It would save us money against our cap and 2. the reason I stated above.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Eskin isn't exactly a beat writer, he's mostly known for being a radio host. He's also notorious for being extremely unreliable in his reporting.

I would put very little stock in this (although he does occasionally hit on a story).

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Thought the max for 1st time DV offender under new cba was 6 games?

Cotton

Staff member

So, two things. Dez took 3 steps. I don't know how in the world that wouldn't be considered being established as a runner. And, two, Does landing on two feet establish one as a runner? What will constitute a runner? It's a stupid change that did absolutely nothing but placate the masses.

dallen

Senior Tech
That makes it no clearer than before. Great job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom