Hill: Brandon Carr Unwilling To Accept A Pay Cut

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Without Murray and the commitment to the run he inspires they are probably a 6-10 team.
I'd say the O-line and our commitment to it probably had a little something to do with us running the ball that much. That and having an excellent offensive coordinator. Murray was here in 2013 and we barely ran the ball.

So no Murray wasn't really the catalyst for our commitment to the run last year. It was 3 first round picks on the O-line and a new offensive coordinator. I don't think any of that will change even if it is Randle and McFadden running back there. Well except maybe our YPC.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So I know people are against trading up but hypothetical what if someone like Randy Gregory started falling. He tested positive for weed at the combine and an illness had him weighing in pretty light. Let's say he falls into the 20s. Personally I'd have to start considering a trade up for that type of talent.
I wouldn't want to trade up for him. Too many red flags. And I don't think he fits our system. Too skinny to be a down lineman, and imo, not fit for a 4-3 LBer.

Granted, he's a very talented player and would be hard to pass up if he fell to us, but still. I wouldn't consider trading up for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also if we are ranking needs I'd say since Hayden is one of the worst starting DTs in the NFL that it would make his position a pretty big need. I guess you could say Randle/McFadden would be one of the worst starting RBs in the NFL too but I don't know if that is as cut and dry. Plus the difference between the 10th best RB in the NFL and the 40th best RB probably isn't much other then opportunity.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't want to trade up for him. Too many red flags. And I don't think he fits our system. Too skinny to be a down lineman, and imo, not fit for a 4-3 LBer.

Granted, he's a very talented player and would be hard to pass up if he fell to us, but still. I wouldn't consider trading up for him.
I really like Randy Gregory. I don't think I realized he had issues with pot in college and now with the failed drug test but I tend to overlook marijuana use pretty easily. He is a long lean guy that I could see getting up to 260 lbs pretty easily and being your prototypical freak RE. Of course I think he could also be an elite OLBer in a 3-4 defense because that length gives him such an advantage to protect his outside shoulder.

I used him as a hypothetical just because he is one of those guys I could really see falling on draft day even though he is definitely a top 10 talent on the field. It's totally possible that a different player could fall on draft day. If you'd prefer you can think of Danny Shelton or Brandon Scherff or Vic Beasley.

Ultimately, if you have a chance to move up and get a Dez Bryant type steal in the draft you do it.

dallen

Senior Tech
Honestly, what I want is the back that can consistently move the chains.

I laugh when I see people say they like this back over the other because of "home run" ability. Those backs are few and far between.

You don't see backs ripping off 50 yard runs regularly. Give me the guy that will get the four that the OL is providing and then some, not the guy who can carry the ball 10-10 yards then bust an 80 yarder.

That's one of the reasons I prefer Ajayi and Yeldon. They will get those five yards where another "speedster" will get two.
Exactly. Give me the back that gets 4-15 yards every play over the guy that gets loses yards 3/4 of the time and then busts off a 30 yard run

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Being a breakaway threat has more to do with youth, fresh legs, and the ability to take advantages of holes in the defense than it does raw speed.

Get a young, hungry rotation going and by the 4th quarter guaranteed there will be multiple 20+-yard runs every game. Any early breakaway runs would be a bonus, not a requirement.

Ajayi would be a great fit, and I wouldn't be afraid to dip again the 5th round if a Buck Allen or Dave Johnson falls that far. Then you relentlessly pound at teams with Ajayi, Allen, Randle and sprinkle in some screens to Dunbar.

That young squad will break huge runs. No defense could keep up, and come playoff time they will break people.

Top Bottom