Hill: Brandon Carr Unwilling To Accept A Pay Cut

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Your love for Ajayi has blinded you to the talent of other backs in this draft. The way you have him targeted in your mind is the exact opposite of what I want the Cowboys to do. You can't get so locked into one player.
This isn't a special situation where only a couple guys are capable of succeeding. It's not a draft where thereare only a couple guys who are any good. We shouldn't have to scramble to make sure we get a guy. We should be letting the draft come to us.

I'd much rather just pull the trigger on Gordon or Gurley in the first than trade up later.
You two shut yer mouths. I can dream all I want. I had rather have Ajayi than Gurley or Gordon. Yeah, I said it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You two shut yer mouths. I can dream all I want. I had rather have Ajayi than Gurley or Gordon. Yeah, I said it.
Same but I dont want to trade up or down for him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
A trade down into the 30s would be great. Hell no on trade ups, in any round. There isn't anyone we can't live without.
I'd never rule out a trade up. You never know if somebody will slide. But I'm not trading up to get somebody in this draft to take them right around where they're slotted. Nobody jumps out to me as a must have. But if they start tumbling down the board and the price is right? I'd consider it, depending on who it is and what position they play.

Cotton

Staff member
If we can get an extra 3rd or 4th by trading down for him, I do it without thinking.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Huh? You want Ajayi, but wouldn't want him after a trade down?

If I could get Ajayi at the top of the 2nd, with a 2nd or 3rd rounder thrown in, sign me the F up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One of the main reasons I prefer Ajayi is that he's physical and what I want in that back to be the bell cow.

Gurley scares me a bit with the injury thing, but he's a stud if healthy.

Gordon is okay as well but he just is not that move the chains guy I would prefer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Huh? You want Ajayi, but wouldn't want him after a trade down?

If I could get Ajayi at the top of the 2nd, with a 2nd or 3rd rounder thrown in, sign me the F up.
I just dont think that RB is our biggest need and would rather address the DLine in the first. Plenty of other RBs to choose from in the later rounds.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I just dont think that RB is our biggest need and would rather address the DLine in the first. Plenty of other RBs to choose from in the later rounds.
I agree. But with the other premium pick thrown in, I could be talked into it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I may agree with you on Gurley because his injury history has me freaked out. I like Ajayi but I'm not sure I love him much more then Abdullah, Johnson or Coleman.

Cotton

Staff member
I may agree with you on Gurley because his injury history has me freaked out. I like Ajayi but I'm not sure I love him much more then Abdullah, Johnson or Coleman.
You cray cray.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree in principle, but there are some DL I don't want anything to do with that are likely to be available. I want nothing to do with Jordan Phillips, Goldman or Davis at pick 27, even though we need a DT badly.

While RB might not be the bigger need, you are getting a better player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree in principle, but there are some DL I don't want anything to do with that are likely to be available. I want nothing to do with Jordan Phillips, Goldman or Davis at pick 27, even though we need a DT badly.

While RB might not be the bigger need, you are getting a better player.
How dare you lump Carl Davis in with those two turds...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How dare you lump Carl Davis in with those two turds...
Sorry, don't care for players who openly admit they weren't trying hard. Underachievers are not something I want on this team right now. I'd rather deal with an overachiever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You just need to look at the other backs a little.
I think all the backs have something to like.

But only a few are a good fit for this team and what we want to do.

That is how you match a player to a pick and are successful drafting.

Abdullah is a good player. He might be a great talent in the NFL. But that is not going to happen with how we do things.

NFL clubs spend an embarrassing amount of time trying to force players into schemes.

If you believe in your scheme, you take guys that fit. You don't go down a laundry list of ranked guys on how talented they are.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Abdullah is a good player. He might be a great talent in the NFL. But that is not going to happen with how we do things.

NFL clubs spend an embarrassing amount of time trying to force players into schemes.

If you believe in your scheme, you take guys that fit. You don't go down a laundry list of ranked guys on how talented they are.
I agree with you about getting a guy who fits our scheme. Both myself and the Cowboys appear to disagree with you when it comes to Abdullah but I think you're just too caught up in his size.

Someone like Duke Johnson however isn't a fit. Small back who dances way too much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree with you about getting a guy who fits our scheme. Both myself and the Cowboys appear to disagree with you when it comes to Abdullah but I think you're just too caught up in his size.

Someone like Duke Johnson however isn't a fit. Small back who dances way too much.

Dallas once invited Mark Sanchez for an official visit, so the fact they are interested doesn't mean they are serious.

If they like him, it has to be because he fumbles a lot and it reminds them of Murray's tendencies.

He's not big, and won't get bigger, I really don't see why you would take a guy like that to potentially be a bell cow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dallas once invited Mark Sanchez for an official visit, so the fact they are interested doesn't mean they are serious.
They have shown more interest then just bringing him in for a visit. He's a special back that makes guys miss in the hole and breaks a ton of tackles. He gets up field in a hurry too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They have shown more interest then just bringing him in for a visit. He's a special back that makes guys miss in the hole and breaks a ton of tackles. He gets up field in a hurry too.
And he fumbles. Above all, he's not going to be a guy that can carry the load for a whole game if you need him.

Cotton

Staff member

Yep, Ajayi is a perfect fit. I'm not saying we should reach for him but I'm absolutely not opposed to moving up a few spot a dropping one of our 7ths if we think we need to, to get him.

Top Bottom