Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

So, two things. Dez took 3 steps. I don't know how in the world that wouldn't be considered being established as a runner. And, two, Does landing on two feet establish one as a runner? What will constitute a runner? It's a stupid change that did absolutely nothing but placate the masses.
This actually sounds worse :picard

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This actually sounds worse :picard
Yep, because what constitutes this establishment as a runner? 2 steps, 3 steps, tucking the ball, shoulders square?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep, because what constitutes this establishment as a runner? 2 steps, 3 steps, tucking the ball, shoulders square?
Yep, this will not end well. I just hope it's some other team that has their game stolen because of a ref's interpretation of the rule next time.

p1_

DCC 4Life
What the hell is wrong with this league when you can't call a play that's so clearly visible on fucking film? Jesus...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Excellent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Excellent.
Don't get your hopes up.

The real insider has spoken...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Cowboys are playing this correctly.

Remember, this is a guy who retired not that long ago, so on top of being a bit loony, the guy's passion fur the have has to be questioned as well.

How he carries himself through this process will tell the team a lot about his desire to keep playing and where his heart is.

I'll take crazy, but I don't want to count on a guy who won't give you everything he's got, and that's definitely a concern with this guy.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Yep, this will not end well. I just hope it's some other team that has their game stolen because of a ref's interpretation of the rule next time.
If it had been Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Manning throwing to any of their respective WRs, the rule would have changed.

dallen

Senior Tech
So if a guy catches the ball with 2 feet in bounds as he is falling out of bounds is that not a catch now?

Cotton

Staff member
So if a guy catches the ball with 2 feet in bounds as he is falling out of bounds is that not a catch now?
Yeah, as long as he maintains possession while going to the ground. That part of the rule makes sense. I mean, you want the receiver to have to maintain possession through the act of the catch, but the part that makes no sense is what constitutes a football move/being established as a runner nonsense.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, as long as he maintains possession while going to the ground. That part of the rule makes sense. I mean, you want the receiver to have to maintain possession through the act of the catch, but the part that makes no sense is what constitutes a football move/being established as a runner nonsense.
Taking steps with the ball or reaching for the goal line are not "acts common to the game" apparently. :dunce

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Taking steps with the ball or reaching for the goal line are not "acts common to the game" apparently. :dunce
They are a pack of fucking douchebags. No way, no how where they going to make that catch legal after Periella douched all over himself on national TV.

Cotton

Staff member

Welcome to Dallas, Kevin.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Welcome to Dallas, Kevin.
Good to see that you are coming around

D

Deuce

@FieldYates: From @toddarcher & me: free agent LB Rolando McClain is visiting the Patriots today.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Guy must be a real fucktard if we aren't worried about getting him back with our issues at LB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom