User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rasslin' Thread

The Rasslin' Thread

WrestleMania is in Jerry World this weekend, is anybody going? And if you are a fan of pro wrestling did you watch the NXT event last night? If you haven't seen you, you should, it was probably the best wrestling show of the last year.
    For some reason I can't say that phrase out loud, its one of the reasons I will never be the actor Robert Downey Jr is. I always say Tastey Peabag instead of Pastey Teabag, and thats a really big difference on just a two letter swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt View Post
    WrestleMania is in Jerry World this weekend, is anybody going? And if you are a fan of pro wrestling did you watch the NXT event last night? If you haven't seen you, you should, it was probably the best wrestling show of the last year.
    I got back into wrestling pretty hardcore around last May, and this will be the first live Wrestlemania I've seen since X7, now that the Network is around.

Nakamura-Zayn was ridiculously good last night. I'm also a big mark for The Revival, who remind me of Arn Anderson. Love those guys. Asuka makes me happy... In so many ways.

Predictions for Sunday?

This is a thread with broad appeal, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    This is a thread with broad appeal, I see.
    It's a form of show business I guess.
    Since Day One

Used to be into rasslin' in the 1980s and even into the early 2000s.

It lost its luster when McMahon bought out WCW.

I couldn't name more than two guys in WWE anymore and haven't been able to for years. But Wrestlemania is in Orlando next year and I'll probably go. I sort of feel obligated to to my childhood to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I couldn't name more than two guys in WWE anymore and haven't been able to for years. But Wrestlemania is in Orlando next year and I'll probably go. I sort of feel obligated to to my childhood to do so.
    I did it for the exact same reason. You won't regret it.

Also, you have to go to the Monday night RAW the next day.

Mine friend's daughter is the Russian girl. I know nothing wake about the crap.

Bsb

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Mine friend's daughter is the Russian girl. I know nothing wake about the crap.

Bsb
    You mean Lana? She fine.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Used to be into rasslin' in the 1980s and even into the early 2000s.

It lost its luster when McMahon bought out WCW.
    I highly recommend NXT, especially the Takeover specials. It is WWE's developmental league, but they often get the top independent wrestlers as they prepare for WWE's production style. It is all on Hulu if you have it.

If you watched in the '90s for the titties and craziness, but otherwise think wrestling is stupid "fake fighting" for kids, you won't like it. If you understand a little bit about the kind of performance wrestling is and the stories that are told in the ring, NXT is full of invested crowds and top notch wrestlers.

The main WWE show is spread thin and it's a lot less consistent, although it has some wrestlers I like, especially in the women's division. Ric Flair's daughter is champ right now.