Fisher & Co.: Cowboys Sources: No Adrian Peterson Pursuit

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
God, please don't get raped, Jerry. We have more holes to fill than just RB.
Jerry will almost definitely get one of his holes filled if he gets it in his mind that he is going to do this at all costs. Don't have to think too hard about which one it will be.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
God, please don't get raped, Jerry. We have more holes to fill than just RB.
As long as we don't give up a 1st or 2nd, I'm good.

The way I look at it is, we're getting an all-timer at RB and it's one less hole to plug in the draft. It pretty much guarantees that we go defense or at least can go defense in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Best case scenario, we get 3 new starters on a unit that desperately needs playmakers in Hardy and the potential 2 rookies.

AP and 2 defensive starters for a 3rd round pick? Sign me up, please.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry will almost definitely get one of his holes filled if he gets it in his mind that he is going to do this at all costs. Don't have to think too hard about which one it will be.
Thank you for that, Ed.

Cotton

Staff member

The way I look at it is, we're getting an all-timer at RB and it's one less hole to plug in the draft. It pretty much guarantees that we go defense or at least can go defense in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Best case scenario, we get 3 new starters on a unit that desperately needs playmakers in Hardy and the potential 2 rookies.

What about a 3rd this year and a 3rd next? To me, that's even too much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

If I knew I was getting a starting RB for 3 or 4 years I agree. The problem is, AP is basically 30. How much longer will he play at a high level?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What about a 3rd this year and a 3rd next? To me, that's even too much.
I do it.....fuck it.

Look, we have a small window to get this done. We haven't been this close to a SB in 20 years, and it may be a very long time before we get this close again. Yes, it would suck to lose two 3rds, but it's not like two 2nds or something where you're mortgaging your future.

The time is now to make a move before Romo is done. If they want two 3rds, I say do it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I knew I was getting a starting RB for 3 or 4 years I agree. The problem is, AP is basically 30. How much longer will he play at a high level?
That's a legitimate concern, but all I think we need is one good year.

One good year and 2 new defensive starting rookies is something I'd gladly risk two 3rd round picks for.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I do it.....fuck it.

Look, we have a small window to get this done. We haven't been this close to a SB in 20 years, and it may be a very long time before we get this close again. Yes, it would suck to lose two 3rds, but it's not like two 2nds or something where you're mortgaging your future.

The time is now to make a move before Romo is done. If they want two 3rds, I say do it.
I don't think I do. Maybe a 3rd this year, but nothing more.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Doing anything above 5 M a year to get Petersen would be completely crazy. This would make every move on the RB position for the team utterly nuts. Lose a proven commodity and pick up a non producer in McFadden is bad enough but then to throw buckets of money for another back with thin tread is insanity. This would circumvent a draft possibility for a RB and if the organization goes after Petty then it would appear they would have to get a FA RB. It's that or ignore the defense in the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am still amazed people are still talking about this despite every single piece of verifiable commentary on the situation that says he will not be available.

Don't make me go hardcore like this....

From now on, ALL Adrian Peterson threads will be moved to NFL Zone until real movement happens with him (Example, he is traded or released).

Twitter speculation, speculative articles which mention the Cowboys, or just a fan-created threads will be moved to the NFL Zone.

The only Peterson thread that will remain in the Fan Zone will be the Fisher/Adrian Peterson thread. If you want to talk about Peterson, post your thoughts in that thread or create a new thread in the NFL Zone.

Thanks,
Management

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
If AP were to come by trade, am I wrong in saying there's nothing they can do with his contract? The Cowboys would be stuck with the whole enchilada right? If that's the case, I say hell to the no regardless the draft cost.

Cotton

Staff member
If AP were to come by trade, am I wrong in saying there's nothing they can do with his contract? The Cowboys would be stuck with the whole enchilada right? If that's the case, I say hell to the no regardless the draft cost.
They could restructure as part of the deal. But, I still don't see it happening.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Talking Cowboys crew all said they think he'll end up here.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I am still amazed people are still talking about this despite every single piece of verifiable commentary on the situation that says he will not be available.

Don't make me go hardcore like this....
Don't go all justbob on us

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
At this point it doesn't seem anybody is willing to trade for Peterson except for Arizona and maybe us, if he isn't traded by the draft the Vikings will lose alot of leverage as both us and the Cardinals will likely take RB's in the first 3 rounds. At that point they either have to trade him for whatever us or Arizona is willing to give, cut him, or try to hold onto him, pay his exorbitant salary and hope he doesn't poison the locker room/half ass it on the field.

Even if we got Peterson I'd want us to draft a RB in the first 3-4 rounds because Peterson is nothing more than a 2-3 year solution at most, so I have no problem going along with our draft like we don't have him, and then if the Vikings lose leverage and decide they are going to trade him for whatever/cut him, great, if not, whatever.

Top Bottom