Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That said Hardy has anger issues and should get 6 games, though on a technicality from lack of evidence he may get less.
Someone makes up a story and says you hit them, asks for $500.00, gets paid and disappears. Would you call that getting off on a technicality? I don't know if Greg Hardy did it or not but I'm also not going to assume that everything this women says is true. I've experienced enough domestic situations as an attorney to know that both people are rarely telling the truth.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hey Mac Engel, go tell your kid to play Candyland and shut the fuck up. That's what you tell him.
I'm so tired of that question.

There is a criminal justice system in this country. The people who break the laws are answerable to it, and Hardy has answered. People who no longer are answerable to the criminal justice system are free to find employment with whoever they want, and Hardy has done that.

The individual teams and the league have the right to decide whether they want to hire ex-cons (which Hardy isn't, by the way), and right now the league's policy is that they allow teams to hire players who have been subject to criminal action. How do you explain THAT to your daughter, Mac Engel? You can't escape the hypocrisy of your position since there are many NFL players league wide, not just on the Cowboys, who have criminal problems in their past.

The league subjects these players to discipline, additionally. So that's how I explain it. These guys paid their price.

Unless and until the league passes a resolution that nobody who (allegedly) commits a crime is allowed to ever play again, then shut the fuck up about it. By the way, that would be stupid because there is no need to further the punishment already meted out by the criminal justice system in 99% of the cases IMO.

Playing in the NFL may be a privilege but Guys like Hansen and Engel apparently want to pick and choose when to apply the boundaries of that privilege, ex post facto.

Give it a rest.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am getting a little tired of people talking about Hardy like he is guilty. The man denies he did it and the case was dismissed. That means legally he isn't guilty and honestly the only witness that claims he did anything doesn't want to talk because she was just in it for the money. As though these idiots actually have any idea of what really happened.
Also true. The guy isn't even guilty. And had to be suspended 15 games because of it. Maybe more.

When is enough enough?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Someone makes up a story and says you hit them, asks for $500.00, gets paid and disappears. Would you call that getting off on a technicality? I don't know if Greg Hardy did it or not but I'm also not going to assume that everything this women says is true. I've experienced enough domestic situations as an attorney to know that both people are rarely telling the truth.
In his 911 call he seemed rather calm and acted like he just wanted to get her out of his apartment. So when he got off the call, he knew the cops were on the way. Only an idiot would beat the shit out of a woman , but an even bigger idiot would do so when he called the cops himself.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
when you examine something like this up close, it's amazing how little someone with an agenda wants to do with actual facts.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pundits and commentators make their living doing this kind of thing. All you have to do is wait a little bit until something else develops elsewhere then they we start getting off on that. It's a process that will work itself out.
Exactly.

They don't spend the rest of their day pondering as to why that bad guy hurt someone on the field or received a big contract. They'll be distracted 5 minutes later as they go play in the yard or watch cartoons and forget that it ever happened.

dallen

Senior Tech
In his 911 call he seemed rather calm and acted like he just wanted to get her out of his apartment. So when he got off the call, he knew the cops were on the way. Only an idiot would beat the shit out of a woman , but an even bigger idiot would do so when he called the cops himself.
At first I wanted nothing to do wih him. The more I read about what happened the more I think there are still some unanswered questions about what happened that we will never know. At his bench trial the only witnesses against him were the girlfriend and someone who wasn't even in the apartment, just in the same building. I couldn't say one way or the other, but it seems entirely conceivable based on what I've read that he tried to break it off with her and she didn't take it well started an altercation and lied in her testimony in order to get a payout. Maybe not, maybe even probably not, but it certainly isn't a given that what she said happened, happended. He's already been suspended almost a full season and the legal proceedings have run their course.

Yes, sometimes rich people get away with shit. I'm more worried about the bankers and politicians stealing from my kids than I am about this.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Playing in the NFL may be a privilege but Guys like Hansen and Engel apparently want to pick and choose when to apply the boundaries of that privilege, ex post facto.

Give it a rest.
The NFL's visibility puts a level of social responsibility on them like it or not. They wielded that sword forcing Arizona to vote through the MLK holiday or miss out on Superbowls, and are finding that political blade cuts both ways.

Engel's over the top, but you have to admit the NFL is very different than Just Tires.

Hardy said the girlfriend got mad because he refused to have sex with her, then threw herself into the tub to give herself bruises. Seriously. :lol

Doesn't quite jibe with sounds of someone being dragged across the floor and shouting "are you going to break my arm?" through the walls, so I can see the judge siding with the girlfriend.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't quite jibe with sounds of someone being dragged across the floor and shouting "are you going to break my arm?" through the walls, so I can see the judge siding with the girlfriend.
From what I understand the statements she gave during the first hearing didn't match up at all with the statements she made to the police the night of the incident. Hardy's attorney's had a transcript from the first hearing (Apparently not something that the court automatically does in misdemeanors) and were prepared to impeach her based on the inconsistent statements. My understanding is this is part of the reason why the prosecutors decided not to pursue the case further. It's fair to say that the victim in this case was lying. The question is just how far she went with it.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's fair to say that the victim in this case was lying. The question is just how far she went with it.
Oh, there's no doubt she was lying.

What troubles me is it is nearly impossible to accept Hardy's version of the truth. I mean, she jumped screaming into the tub to bruise herself because he refused to have sex with her?

BipolarFuk

Demoted

What troubles me is it is nearly impossible to accept Hardy's version of the truth. I mean, she jumped screaming into the tub to bruise herself because he refused to have sex with her?
It is possible. There are some crazy bitches out there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Like I said, I don't think either person is probably telling the whole truth. That's usually the case with domestic situations. She also admitted to using drugs that night. Hardy is the one who called 911.

Not saying Hardy didn't do something wrong but lets face it. The 280lb man is always going to be the one getting charged in these situations as opposed to the 120lb female regardless of what actually happened. After reading all of the evidence I'm actually a little surprised with the judges decision as the bench trial. I don't see any way that a jury would have convicted beyond a reasonable doubt.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well, let's hope the NFL actually respects the lack of evidence and acts accordingly.

But in this world a 280 pound black lineman is unfortunately never truly considered innocent until proven guilty.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, let's hope the NFL actually respects the lack of evidence and acts accordingly.

But in this world a 280 pound black lineman is unfortunately never truly considered innocent until proven guilty.
True, but if they are going to let AP play with no additional suspension after he was actually found guilty I think it would be total bullshit for them to turn around and force Hardy to miss more playing time. Ray Rice wouldn't have to sit out any additional time and we saw him deck a girl in the face to the point of knocking her out cold.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
True, but if they are going to let AP play with no additional suspension after he was actually found guilty I think it would be total bullshit for them to turn around and force Hardy to miss more playing time. Ray Rice wouldn't have to sit out any additional time and we saw him deck a girl in the face to the point of knocking her out cold.
Yeah, it was even on video, so it doesn't make any sense at all to not let his time served count as punishment and not Hardy's.

Oh wait, he signed with the Cowboys, so...

dallen

Senior Tech

Did AP get paid?

Top Bottom