MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cubs see a stud pitching staring at them and they take a 3B who might move to the OF.

lawl

As an aside, props to the Astros for getting the best player despite his contract.
Theo!!! :viking

I was hoping for an arm there but everything I read about Bryant at that time suggested that he destroys baseballs and so far he continues to do that. Not a damn thing has been determined in the MLB career of Bryant or Appel but right now I think 100% of people would rather have Kris Bryant.

Jonathan Gray is going to be good though. Too bad he will be pitching at Coors Field.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Gallo hit another yesterday and there have been some talk that he might make it up this year from the front office. I originally thought it would be a September callup but think it may be earlier now. There was an article recently where Bryant was talking about Gallo and even Bryant is awed at Gallo power. These two should be fun to watch through the years (hopefully).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Gallo hit another yesterday and there have been some talk that he might make it up this year from the front office. I originally thought it would be a September callup but think it may be earlier now. There was an article recently where Bryant was talking about Gallo and even Bryant is awed at Gallo power. These two should be fun to watch through the years (hopefully).
I appreciate this post. And, Gallo... I appreciate him, too.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Zack Wheeler has tear in elbow
Updated: March 16, 2015, 10:53 AM ET
By Adam Rubin | ESPNNewYork.com

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- New York Mets right-hander Zack Wheeler has been diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow.

Although the Mets have not committed to Tommy John surgery, that is the likely treatment for such an injury.

Zack Wheeler will undergo further evaluation from Mets team doctors in New York, but the right-hander likely will need Tommy John surgery to repair his injured pitching elbow.
Wheeler underwent an MRI on Saturday in Florida that was subsequently reviewed by team doctor David Altchek. Wheeler will travel to New York for further consultation with Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery, the team announced Monday.

Wheeler's UCL tear marks the second devastating blow to Mets pitching in the past two days. Left-handed reliever Josh Edgin on Sunday committed to undergoing Tommy John surgery.

The Mets do have somewhat of a safety net in terms of the rotation. Dillon Gee, who made 22 starts for the club last season, was poised to get bounced to long relief with Matt Harvey's return this season.

Wheeler, 24, went 11-11 with a 3.54 ERA in 32 starts for the Mets last season. He pitched at points with elbow discomfort and was backed off a few late-season bullpen sessions, but did not miss any game action.

The Mets had indicated in recent days that they were not alarmed by renewed discomfort with Wheeler's elbow because he had managed the discomfort in 2014. Team officials added that Wheeler underwent two MRIs during the offseason that did not reveal any structural damage.
---------------------------------------------

Damn. Another one bites the dust, it seems. Sorry [MENTION=10]Carp[/MENTION] . If any team has the pitching depth to deal with something like this it is the Mets. Bites into that surplus that they have though.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
It sucks...he has the right mindset to be a stud.

Rev

Staff member
Joey Gallo has been working on the and has been stealing bases in the games this spring. Major Leagues first 60/60 guy!!! :towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Joey Gallo ever makes the majors, he'll be asking Miguel Sano for his autograph.

Rev

Staff member
:lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And Sano will be crying into his pillow at night sobbing, "Why can't I be as good as Kris Bryant?!"
Well now. That just wasn't very nice.

But luckily, Byron Buxton will be there to put Bryant in his place.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Well now. That just wasn't very nice.

But luckily, Byron Buxton will be there to put Bryant in his place.
He'll find a way to get injured in the process of putting Bryant in his place. :art

Both of those guys are going to be really good. Just talking smack.

Rev

Staff member
He'll find a way to get injured in the process of putting Bryant in his place. :art

While Bryant is struck out by Alex "Chi Chi" Rodriquez.

Seriously, how can you hate a guy that goes by the name Chi Chi

D

Deuce

While Bryant is struck out by Alex "Chi Chi" Rodriquez.

Seriously, how can you hate a guy that goes by the name Chi Chi
Never seen him pitch but I used to love his Mexican Restaurants as a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I know. I like the Cubs and would like to see them do well.

I'm calling for a Cubs/Twins 2016 WS.

The Twins win in 7, of course. :art

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Brady Aiken came out 12 pitches into his debut with the academy signed to after he turned down the Astros. No word on whether it's the elbow that caused the Astros to adjust their offer and subsequently get crapped on by some in the media.

D

Deuce

Kris Bryant demoted to start the year. Ed has to be pissed. Not only is it not a good look for the Cubs as they're willing to not put their best team out there, but he just dropped a 1st round pick in our baseball draft on a half season player. :lol

Rev

Staff member
Kris Bryant demoted to start the year. Ed has to be pissed. Not only is it not a good look for the Cubs as they're willing to not put their best team out there, but he just dropped a 1st round pick in our baseball draft on a half season player. :lol
I think he mentioned about it being a possibility earlier in the thread but yeah thats bad luck for him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Twins right-hander Ervin Santana, who signed the richest free-agent deal in club history this past offseason, has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance, Major League Baseball announced on Friday.
:lol

:picard

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I knew when I picked him that he wasn't going to start the season with the Cubs. It has been assumed---known, really---all offseason that they would leave him down at least 11 days to get an extra year of arbitration. He is most definitely not going to be a half season player though. He will be up at the beginning of May at the latest.

And in our league he was a 6th round pick because we have 5 keepers that constitute the first 5 rounds of the draft. I came into the draft with Jose Abreu, Madison Bumgarner, Carlos Gonzalez, George Springer, & Jonathan Lucroy already on my roster.

Bryant may or may not yield top 6 round production in 2015 since he'll only be up for 5 months. I'll live with it if he doesn't. I will enjoy having him on my team for years to come as he stands a very good chance to be top 3 rounds soon with a first round ceiling. He'll be 3B eligible this season and next at minimum.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I am thrilled to have him. Could he flop? Sure. But he has absolutely destroyed the ball at every single level ever & I think there is a very strong chance that continues in the Majors.

Minor wait. Major talent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom