Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

He looks wasted

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So now it's official. It's a mystery about RB strategy evidenced by the myriad of opinions. I am just as much in a quandary because it is obvious it needs addressing it's just that the moves thus far have strange implications. carry on.
Ryan Williams received a larger signing bonus than McFadden, that should tell you a lot. I would be truly shocked if we didn't take a RB in the first 3 rounds, the first 2 most likely, and then I expect us to let the rest of the RB's fight it out for the other 2 to 3 roster spots. The pecking order in terms of touches probably won't be hashed out until half way through the preseason or so.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryan Williams received a larger signing bonus than McFadden, that should tell you a lot. I would be truly shocked if we didn't take a RB in the first 3 rounds, the first 2 most likely, and then I expect us to let the rest of the RB's fight it out for the other 2 to 3 roster spots. The pecking order in terms of touches probably won't be hashed out until half way through the preseason or so.
I wouldn't be surprised to see us wait until the third but I think that's about as far as we go. If we don't draft someone in the top 3 rounds, then I think it would show the coaches really like Joseph Randle. Which besides his stupidity off the field, he looked good last year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah. Bringing in McFadden tells me the organization doesn't plan top go for a RB in the early rounds. They have four on the roster now and it would seem that they wouldn't go into the draft with a high priority toward a RB. I think they will eventual take one if they think he is better than the ones on the roster but again I don't think it's a big deal for them.
Among the four on the roster, I don't think defensive coordinators fear any of them even in the slightest . The drop off from Murray is so major, we better get commensurate skills to Murray wherever we find it in the draft. No schlubs allowed, especially given the current depth chart.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Among the four on the roster, I don't think defensive coordinators fear any of them even in the slightest . The drop off from Murray is so major, we better get commensurate skills to Murray wherever we find it in the draft. No schlubs allowed, especially given the current depth chart.
No one feared Murray until last year. If a RB goes in there and is productive, teams will fear him quickly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best thing about this Hardy contract is that if he is suspended for lets say 6 games, he doesn't get paid by the Cowboys for those six games. So we actually save a bunch of money on this deal. Same goes for if he is hurt and can't player or if he gets in trouble again and gets cut. The Cowboys really did a good job of protecting the team with this deal. The only downside is that it's only a year long contract.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We do get a contract to protect us, but the downside is that we don't have much of a pass rush if Hardy is out.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't disagree. They had one of the best backs in the game currently and apparently didn't think the position was all that critical. Someone must think that the OL is so good that RB is now a plug and play toy. They are bent on defense and maybe rightly so but the RB position appears to be a something with them that is under control even if it's a late round selection.
What happened to wait and see?:unsure

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see us wait until the third but I think that's about as far as we go. If we don't draft someone in the top 3 rounds, then I think it would show the coaches really like Joseph Randle. Which besides his stupidity off the field, he looked good last year.
No doubt. I think second is extremely likely. Hos told me he's 90% on it. That shit came str8 from the brass at VR, dog. Bradie Bottle Lock it. I could tell you exactly what RB it is going to be (via Hos's info) but I'm going to make you wait. Nighty night.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger

He looks wasted

Top Bottom