Greg Hardy signed...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well using that logic, the rest of the RBs aren't capable of this duty and a rookie sure wouldn't be so does that mean he will be doing most of the duty in The backfield?
I don't think they know about the rest of the backs because they've basically only seen it during preseason. The carries that Randle got last year were usually in situations where we were just running the ball no matter what. Until they actually give some of these guys a shot during live action it's hard for the coaches to trust.

I wouldn't be surprised if McFadden doesn't make the roster. We didn't really give him a signing bonus for a reason. We also didn't really give him a better contract then Williams who was on our practice squad, which also speaks volumes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now we need to get McClain signed, and I'll be pretty happy with how our front 7 is shaking out so far.
McClain is a weird case. You would think they would have signed him by now.

With the Brinkley signing, I have a feeling they aren't interested...or if they are, on their own cheap terms.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
McClain is a weird case. You would think they would have signed him by now.

With the Brinkley signing, I have a feeling they aren't interested...or if they are, on their own cheap terms.
That's what I'm thinking. I'd bet they've been watching to see if he garnered any interest, and would jump in if anybody started sniffing around. As long as the cost didn't get too crazy, that is. But since he hasn't drawn much interest yet, they've just bided their time. I'm sure he'll get some interest in the 2nd-3rd wave of free agency, and that is when we'll make our move or not. The longer he's out there, the cheaper he'll come, and that's to our advantage.

I hope we bring him back. His nastiness and stout play helped us tremendously last year. With him and now Hardy, maybe this defense will learn to play with it's fangs bared a little bit.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
What has Randal done that puts him in that much jeopardy? Others have committed worse and are still playing.
Shoplifting and then found to be in possession of marijuana and accused of pointing gun at ex-girlfriend. Doesn't seem to be too bright and only marginal on the field.

Either way, McFadden hasn't done anything on the field in years and if Dallas is going to bypass a RB early in the draft because they are resting their hopes on DMc then they are morons.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think they know about the rest of the backs because they've basically only seen it during preseason. The carries that Randle got last year were usually in situations where we were just running the ball no matter what. Until they actually give some of these guys a shot during live action it's hard for the coaches to trust.

I wouldn't be surprised if McFadden doesn't make the roster. We didn't really give him a signing bonus for a reason. We also didn't really give him a better contract then Williams who was on our practice squad, which also speaks volumes.
Yeah this whole setup about the RB position has made no sense to me. Nothing positive has been done in my opinion for that position and the way it is currently is gets really screwball to bring in high draft pick to help solve it because initially they bring nothing but a hope. It appears to me that Randal is the anointed guy to start the season and he is a little light on reads and blocking as of now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Breaking down Greg Hardy's contract

March, 18, 2015

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Here is a breakdown of Greg Hardy's contract with the Dallas Cowboys:

Workout bonus: $1.3116 million

Base salary: $750,000

Per-game 53-man roster bonuses: $9.25 million

Incentives: Max of $1.804 million.

The Cowboys have not guaranteed Hardy any money. He will have to earn it as he goes.

The per-game roster bonuses are worth roughly $578,125 per game. Should he miss a game for a suspension, the Cowboys, in effect, will receive a cap credit for each game he misses if he is suspended or is on injured reserve.

For now, Hardy’s cap figure is roughly $3.2 million because only two weeks of the $9.25 million per-game roster bonuses are considered likely to be earned since he was on the Carolina Panthers’ 53-man roster for two weeks in 2014. As a result the Cowboys did not have to restructure a contract to fit Hardy under the cap, but they will have to make an adjustment down the road, likely with Tony Romo's contract. There remains the possibility the team reaches a long-term deal with Dez Bryant, who has received the franchise tag.

Hardy can earn up to $1.804 million in incentives. He can earn$500,000 for eight sacks, $1 million for 10 sacks, $1.4 million for 12 sacks and $1.804 million for 14 or more sacks.

All told, the deal is $13.1 million … or what he earned last year on the franchise tag from the Panthers in 2014.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's what I'm thinking. I'd bet they've been watching to see if he garnered any interest, and would jump in if anybody started sniffing around. As long as the cost didn't get too crazy, that is. But since he hasn't drawn much interest yet, they've just bided their time. I'm sure he'll get some interest in the 2nd-3rd wave of free agency, and that is when we'll make our move or not. The longer he's out there, the cheaper he'll come, and that's to our advantage.

I hope we bring him back. His nastiness and stout play helped us tremendously last year. With him and now Hardy, maybe this defense will learn to play with it's fangs bared a little bit.
I am not looking to flush him. But I do think his contract should be slanted towards the team. As good as he was at times, he's still shown himself to be unreliable.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Shoplifting and then found to be in possession of marijuana and accused of pointing gun at ex-girlfriend. Doesn't seem to be too bright and only marginal on the field.

Either way, McFadden hasn't done anything on the field in years and if Dallas is going to bypass a RB early in the draft because they are resting their hopes on DMc then they are morons.
Agree about McFadden. That's why I am puzzled by that move. I am simply concerned that the hope is being placed on Randal or a rookie.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Agree about McFadden. That's why I am puzzled by that move. I am simply concerned that the hope is being placed on Randal or a rookie.
I think it'll be placed on an early round rookie w/ McFadden or Randle being fallback options.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
RB is a young mans position. Not sure why you would be so concerned. The bad idea would be to put your faith in a 27 or 28 year old RB who could fall off the cliff any day.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry coming out of the gate hard to defend his NFL Exec of the Year title.

:towel
I have to admit, I can't fault him or Goof Son for the contract.

It probably was what Rosenhaus wanted and it protected the team. Seems pretty fair and smart to me.

~ack~

Top Bottom