Greg Hardy signed...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Damn right. :towel
The wrong type of guys are often the right type of pass rushers.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

kidd

DCC 4Life
Eatman: Hardy Headed To Valley Ranch

Eatman: Hardy Headed To Valley Ranch

DE Sack-Artist Greg Hardy Headed To Valley Ranch To Meet With Cowboys Tuesday
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:55 AM CDT

By Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
@nickeatman

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys didn’t have a fast start to free agency like a few others did last week, but things are certainly picking up, evident by free-agent Greg Hardy’s scheduled visit with the club at Valley Ranch on Tuesday.
The former Panthers defensive end, who missed all but one game in 2014 after being on the NFL Commissioner’s exempt list for a domestic violence charge, will meet with the Cowboys’ coaches, scouts and front-office personnel with the possibility of signing before he leaves the building. However, Hardy also reportedly has a visit scheduled for the Seahawks as well.
Hardy had an All-Pro season in 2013, recording 15 sacks, which followed an 11 sack season in 2012. Even in the one game he played last season, Hardy recorded a sack, giving him 34 in 63 career games.
His domestic violence charges have been thrown out court, likely clearing him in the courts, but that doesn’t exactly exclude a potential suspension by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
The Cowboys have lost six free agents, headlined by running back DeMarco Murray, who signed with the Eagles. The club also lost linebackers Bruce Carter and Justin Durant, defensive tackle Henry Melton, offensive tackle Jermey Parnell and wide receiver Dwayne Harris.
On Friday, the Cowboys signed running back Darren McFadden, a seven-year veteran from the Raiders to be one of the replacements for the departed Murray. Other signees include linebackers Jasper Brinkley and Andrew Gachkar, along with cornerback Corey White. The Cowboys have also signed fullbacks Ray Agnew and Jed Collins.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Skip Bayless says Jerry should say no to Hardy based on the witness testimony in his hearing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Straight from the mouth of Hostiledamus. Rejoice.
:lol

No shame.

Just like he was certain Murray was coming back and that we were offering him 7-7.5 million a year, then it was revealed we didn't offer him a dime over 6.

What a fucking clown.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Straight from the mouth of Hostiledamus. Rejoice.
I saw that Broaddus tweet too, guess I have the same sources :unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think the signing would free us up in the draft. Having a pass rusher in place already would leave us with options at our pick. If a good Rb drops to us, we can snatch him up and still have other rounds for defensive players.
It absolutely frees us up in the draft, and that's why I believe that this signing is practically mandatory.

If we go into the draft needing both a top flight RB and pass rusher, then that's 1 less premium pick we'll have to use on a defensive player that can help us in another area of the defense. Marinelli worked wonders, but the smoke and mirrors thing can only work for so long, and this defense hasn't been a mediocre at best unit for the last few seasons just because it was missing a pass rusher.

That is our primary need, but we need as many difference-makers on that unit as we can get.

Signing Hardy allows us to go for potential starter at LB or DB, or even both, in rounds 1-3 if we can get this guy locked up.

Fail to do so, and I don't think we can do enough in the draft to make ourselves better, if at all, than we were last season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Skip Bayless says Jerry should say no to Hardy based on the witness testimony in his hearing.
Fuck Skip Bayless. In the face.

Cotton

Staff member

:picard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No one wants to take on AP's contract. This isn't new news.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck Adrian Peterson. If it came down to one or the other, it's a no brainer for me. Hardy all the way.

Cotton

Staff member

No one wants to take on AP's contract. This isn't new news.
NoDak said:
Fuck Adrian Peterson. If it came down to one or the other, it's a no brainer for me. Hardy all the way.
Schefter is a fucking moron if he thinks we should even begin to hesitate on Hardy because of Adrian fucking Peterson.

Cotton

Staff member

Take it for what you will.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Come on, just fucking sign him already. The anticipation is brutal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Take it for what you will.
I refuse to get excited until the ink is dry but it's hard not to when basically every news source is reporting about the Cowboys and Hardy. Hell even the Cowboys own website is pushing it hard.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
I refuse to get excited until the ink is dry but it's hard not to when basically every news source is reporting about the Cowboys and Hardy. Hell even the Cowboys own website is pushing it hard.
Yah.... there is a LOT of smoke around this, and he is definitely what we need in terms of on-field performance. I hope we get this done today.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:doh

I'd expect this type of stupidity from Rapaport, not Schefter.

Top Bottom