Republican Warns Obama Might Make Black People Immune From Prosecution

Jiggyfly

Banned
Finally some hope and change.:towel

Top Republican Warns Obama Might Make Black People Immune From Prosecution ‘Regardless Of The Crime’
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/03/05/3630291/kris-kobach-black-criminals/
BY CARIMAH TOWNES POSTED ON MARCH 5, 2015 AT 12:54 PM UPDATED: MARCH 5, 2015 AT 2:07 PM

As reported by Right Wing Watch, Kansas’ Secretary of State Kris Kobach (R) told listeners of his radio show that President Obama could absolve black people of all crimes and refuse to prosecute them in the future. He also implied that Attorney General Eric Holder is a reverse racist for not applying civil rights laws to white people.
During the weekly show, a caller named Stu postulated that Obama may announce in the future that a “black person accused of a crime, charged with a crime, is not going to be prosecuted, regardless of the crime,” based on his recent immigration action. He also argued that the government is already in the process of doing so, since Holder did not prosecute Black Panthers.
Kobach didn’t dispute the claims, saying, “Well, it’s already happened more or less in the case of civil rights laws. I guess it’s not a huge jump. I think it’s unlikely, but you know I’ve learned to say with this president, never say never.” He also claimed that Holder “basically made it clear….that the civil rights laws were only to protect minority races, and he was not going to be enforcing them to the benefit of white people who were discriminated against on the basis of their race.”
Listen to the exchange:

Kobach is a prominent anti-immigration activist who spearheaded many state laws restricting immigration, including the Arizona law that was struck down in part by the Supreme Court. As Kansas’s secretary of state, he’s spearheaded laws making it harder to vote.
Nor is this the first time Kobach’s made controversial statements about President Obama. In November he blamed “affirmative action culture” on Obama’s success, concluding that the president received jobs and accolades that Obama “was not winning” on his own. Kobach also argued that Obama’s efforts to benefit immigrants could put America on a slippery slow towards “ethnic cleansing” in the future.
Tags: Kris Kobach

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Let it die folks. Jiggy is going out of his way to be inflammatory.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:zzz

2233boys

Not So New Member
Kris Kobach wonder if his middle name is Kent. :unsure

Seriously, it's troubling that a prominent state official actually believes and says stuff like this.

Last edited:

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Let it die folks. Jiggy is going out of his way to be inflammatory.
No kidding. We could all find some fringe politician on either side that says whacky stuff. I could fill this place up just posting outlandish quotes from the likes of Sheila Jackson Lee. Any takers?

Jiggyfly

Banned
No kidding. We could all find some fringe politician on either side that says whacky stuff. I could fill this place up just posting outlandish quotes from the likes of Sheila Jackson Lee. Any takers?
So the SOS of Kansas is a fringe politician now?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The Constitution Is 400 Years Old and More Pearls From Sheila Jackson Lee

The Democratic congresswoman could give the craziest Republican a run for his money with her history of wild statements.
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas proclaimed this week that the Constitution is 400 years old. In other words, its writing would predate the Pilgrims. But while she may be spending her time avidly re-watching the Pocahontas in hopes of getting a glimpse of John Smith jotting down the phrase “We The People,” you can read some more of Jackson Lee’s greatest hits below:

If You Believe They Put a Man on Mars

In 1997, while on a trip to the Mars Pathfinder operations center in California, Jackson Lee asked if the Pathfinder had succeeded in taking a picture of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969. Needless to say, Jackson Lee, then a member of the House Science Committee, had confused Mars with the Moon. (Despite the alliterative names, they are very different astral bodies. Mars is a planet that orbits the Sun and has never been visited by man. In contrast, the Moon, which is a satellite of Earth and orbits our planet, has been visited six different times by astronauts).

Two Vietnams, One Gaffe

While Jackson Lee is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, she seems to be badly in need of a new atlas. In 2010, she compared the war in Afghanistan to Vietnam, an analogy that has often been invoked by Democrats. But the lesson she took from that was unique, to say the least. “Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working.” Jackson Lee went on to caution: “We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side.” South Vietnam has not existed for almost 40 years since North Vietnamese forces took Saigon and reunified the former French colony in 1975.

The Tea Party Took My Baby Away

In a workshop around the 2010 convention of the NAACP in Kansas City, Jackson Lee said that the Klansmen of the past are now Tea Party members. In her somewhat incoherent statement, the Texas congresswoman said “All those who wore sheets a long time ago have now lifted them off and started wearing uh, clothing, uh, with a name, say, I am part of the tea party.” She then went criticize these Tea Partiers for being among “those who said Congresswoman Jackson-Lee’s braids were too tight in her hair.”

“Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered!”
Michael Jackson, Global Humanitarian

After the 2009 death of Michael Jackson, Sheila Jackson Lee went to Los Angeles to speak at the memorial service of the pop star where she mourned him as “someone who will be honored forever and forever and forever and forever.” The congresswoman ended her valedictory to a man she described as “our icon” by saying “Michael Jackson, I salute you.” While speaking, she held up a copy of House Resolution 600, which she introduced to honor the best-selling musical artist. Her resolution though didn’t go anywhere in the House. After all, very few members of Congress were eager to mourn a man with a well-documented history of allegations of sexual predation on young boys.

You Stupid Motherfucker and Other Friendly Nicknames

Jackson Lee has a well-documented history of being the worst employer on Capitol Hill. With plenty of job security representing a safe Democratic district, she goes out of her way to demean and abuse members of her staff. As Jonathan Strong, then of the Daily Caller documented in 2011, she constantly referred to one staff member as “You Stupid Motherfucker,” threw her cell phone at another and demanded to be chauffeured by car when travelling between House office buildings (which are connected by tunnels) and that staffers run to the supermarket at 2 a.m. to buy garlic supplements for her. The congresswoman was also known to proclaim angrily ‘”What am I a prostitute? Am I your prostitute? You can’t prostitute me.”

Where Is My Seafood Meal?

Early in her tenure in Congress, back in the days when airlines still served food, Jackson Lee would demand the ability to make multiple first class reservations on Continental Airlines and then cancel them freely according to her schedule. The airline did not appreciate this. The culminating point was when Jackson Lee boarded a flight back to her Houston district and discovered the first class menu didn’t include the seafood option that she wanted. The congresswoman started screaming “Don’t you know who I am? I’m Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered!”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/13/the-constitution-is-400-years-old-and-more-pearls-from-sheila-jackson-lee.html

2233boys

Not So New Member
So to excuse one moron you present a mean moron with special needs.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yes. What the hell even is an SOS at the state level? I don't think most states even have them. Texas doesn't.
I wonder if we can dig up some incendiary comments from the Wyoming State Treasurer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. What the hell even is an SOS at the state level? I don't think most states even have them. Texas doesn't.
Read the actual quotes from the guy. They don't say at all what the article is claiming. The writer of the article is the crazy person.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Top Republican Warns Obama Might Make Black People Immune From Prosecution ‘Regardless Of The Crime'

Funny this is the title. But the truth is the title should read

Top Republican Warns Obama Might Make A Black Person Immune From Prosecution ‘Regardless Of The Crime' although very unlikely

Jiggyfly

Banned
Top Republican Warns Obama Might Make Black People Immune From Prosecution ‘Regardless Of The Crime'

Funny this is the title. But the truth is the title should read

Top Republican Warns Obama Might Make A Black Person Immune From Prosecution ‘Regardless Of The Crime' although very unlikely
I admit I did not fully read the article but this guy has no business even going near there.

What was the point?

Top Bottom