Greg Hardy signed...

kidd

DCC 4Life
As many here know, I don't follow college football that much at all so I have no idea who is good and who will be a steal in whatever round.

That being said, what are our chances of getting a huge plugger in our D-line?

If we can get Hardy signed and get a RB in the first, can we get a Gilbert Brown type in the 2nd?

Stars

DCC 4Life
Time for pictures with Jerry and his leather jacket.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah it's starting to look promising.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How can you not love this guy?

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2013/12/greg-hardy-panthers-hogwarts-sunday-night-football-introduction.html

Greg Hardy explains 'Hogwarts' Sunday Night Football introduction

By now, you've probably seen Greg Hardy's 'Sunday Night Football' introduction. But in case you haven't, here you go.

The Panthers defensive end, while in sunglasses, referred to himself by his nickname and said he went to Harry Potter's Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

It's been hailed as potentially the best player introduction ever. Because of that, I had to follow up with Hardy after we asked a series of football-related questions following Carolina's 31-13 loss on Sunday night.

"It’s just the Kraken," Hardy said. "Mystical. It’s where he lives at."

I told him he may* be mixing his stories. The Kraken is a mythical sea creature and Hogwarts is from a series of J.K Rowling fantasy novels.

"I can do whatever I want," he said. "I’m the Kraken. If you feel like you can ask the Kraken personally where he goes to school at, and prove me wrong, then I feel like I’ll change it."

But you went to Ole Miss?

"That’s not where I said I went, though," Hardy said. "Now, G Hardy went to Ole Miss. That’s mind-blowing right there."

Here's how the whole thing came about: The NBC crew was in town last week filming player introductions. After practice, Hardy went to film the take--in sunglasses--and said "Kraken, Hogwarts."

"After practice, I’m tired," he said. "I'm trying to be as nice as I can. They said, 'Are you sure?' (I said) 'Yeah that’s all I got for you. Kind of want to go to sleep now.'"

"I did (wear sunglasses). That was kind of my touch though. Figured why not? YOLO (You only live once). I can’t get in more trouble than I already did. I’m not riding a motorcycle. I’m not getting kicked out of something. I feel like I’m doing pretty good."

Hardy's introduction ranks among the best, along with Terrell Suggs' "Ball So Hard University." Coincidentally, Hardy was in the locker room Monday wearing a black t shirt with "Ball So Hard" printed on the front.

"I was excited about it. I’ve been talking about it for years. It was an honor. I figured I’d have some fun with it and enjoy the moment if it never comes back."

*Update: Hardy may have been correct when he said Hogwarts is where the Kraken lives. There is a giant squid that could be a Kraken that lives in Black Lake. (h/t to reader Katelyn.)

--Jonathan Jones

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sorry, I had to do a little thread reconstructing because my dumbass posted the initial tweet from Eatman in two threads and forgot to go back and delete one of them. Didn't want us talking about it in two different places. We can use this thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I can do whatever I want," he said. "I’m the Kraken. If you feel like you can ask the Kraken personally where he goes to school at, and prove me wrong, then I feel like I’ll change it."
Charles Haley batshit crazy? I like it.

dallen

Senior Tech
Well the fact that he and a friend held a woman down and choked her after throwing her around the bathroom is one reason not to like him.

Cotton

Staff member
Well the fact that he and a friend held a woman down and choked her after throwing her around the bathroom is one reason not to like him.
YOU WILL NOT DISCUSS HIS LEGAL HISTORY IN THIS THREAD OR YOU WILL BE WATCHING FROM THE BENCH! IS THAT CLEAR?!

Cotton

Staff member

Get it fucking done, Jerry.

dallen

Senior Tech
YOU WILL NOT DISCUSS HIS LEGAL HISTORY IN THIS THREAD OR YOU WILL BE WATCHING FROM THE BENCH! IS THAT CLEAR?!
~sticks fingers in ears~ LALALALAALALA I can't hear you!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Um I believe everyone said the cop in Ferguson was innocent since he was never found guilty. I will expect you to give the same respect to Hardy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Get it fucking done, Jerry.
It's very simple, don't let the man leave the facility without his name on a contract. Plus I'd be really pissed if the goddamn Seahawks sign another stud pass rusher on the cheap.

Cotton

Staff member
~sticks fingers in ears~ LALALALAALALA I can't hear you!
That was actually a statement that was put out at the zzzzzzone by one of their mods concerning the Hardy thread over there. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

Damn right. :towel

dallen

Senior Tech
Um I believe everyone said the cop in Ferguson was innocent since he was never found guilty. I will expect you to give the same respect to Hardy.
He was actually found guilty in the bench trial and then appealed for a jury trial where the case was dismissed because the state couldn't find the victim.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Damn right. :towel
Hardy has been my #1 pipe dream since before free agency started.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was actually found guilty in the bench trial and then appealed for a jury trial where the case was dismissed because the state couldn't find the victim.
Yeah, meaning he was found not guilty. Same as the cop in Ferguson.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So IF (and I know it'd a big "if") Dallas signs Hardy, are we happy?

I mean he has upside but he may also have to serve a long suspension plus he seems like a knucklehead.

Just playin devil's advocate here.
Very happy. Getting a legitimate pass rusher opens up so much. And allows us to concentrate on our other holes in the draft.

The off field stuff? I look at it same as with Dez. For now, the talent makes it worth dealing with.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We ARE Signing Hardy

Happening folks!

Was just told that Stephen Jones is doing this deal.

I am officially thrilled.
Straight from the mouth of Hostiledamus. Rejoice.

Top Bottom