Murray watch thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am proud...they have a plan
I have a hard time believing their plan involved Murray keeping them hostage for the first wave of free agency.

What is left right now, to spend on even if we wanted to, is not that great.

I think there was a little miscalculation here. I think they counted on Murray's demands being more reasonable and also I think they believed he really wanted to stay.

It worked out for the savings, but the problem now is they need to get into the game a little more than Jed fricking Collins if they want to be a playoff team again.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It will be virtually impossible to compare Murray's production in Philly vs. in Dallas mainly due to splitting carries with Mathews, Sproles and even Polk. That inevitably will lower his overall total even though he could still be extremely effective.
If Chip keeps them all then his strategy must be to wear teams down by being able to rotate fresh RB's and using different one's based on situations. His yards per att. will be an indicator but I'm sure Chip is more concerned about effective the offense will be overall rather than looking at individual stats.

And Murray better hope his workload is vastly diminished since the Oreagles want to run plays at record speed as well as have full on practices the day before games.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have a hard time believing their plan involved Murray keeping them hostage for the first wave of free agency.

I think there was a little miscalculation here. I think they counted on Murray's demands being more reasonable and also I think they believed he really wanted to stay.

It worked out for the savings, but the problem now is they need to get into the game a little more than Jed fricking Collins if they want to be a playoff team again.
I think Hardy would do quite nicely. I dont know how serious they are about him but I could handle that consolation prize. Now just let me dream, DFDC.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Going into the offseason our primary needs were DE, DT, CB, SS. Now we add RB and LB depth to the mix and can also use OL depth. We're still going to need to fill at least 2 of those needs in FA, because even in the unlikely event we hit big on our 3 picks on the first 2 days of the draft we'll still have a couple of unfilled needs. But right now I'm not sure upgraded starters from what's left in FA.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Hardy would do quite nicely. I dont know how serious they are about him but I could handle that consolation prize. Now just let me dream, DFDC.
I am not going to crush dreams just yet. The idea that Hardy could be a possibility is about the only thing that is keeping me somewhat calm.

I knew we would be cheap in FA, but I did not think we would find ourselves a much weaker team just three days in.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
boy is Chip Kelly a douche.

he says he signed Ryan Mathews also because he doesn't plan on giving DeMarco Murray 392 carries.

first of all I see chip is criticizing a 12 win team. how cute.

second of all, if he signed Murry at 8 million a year and twenty million guaranteed, and he's not going to give him a ton of carries, then he is a god damn fool. that's a massive overpayment for a part-time player. and then another 5 million or whatever for Mathews.

Kelly is looking more and more like he is way out over his head.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kelly is looking more and more like he is way out over his head.
Giving him Czar power over the franchise was a mistake IMO. He clearly has a pretty massive ego and thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. I can't wait to see him fall flat on his fat pig face.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Giving him Czar power over the franchise was a mistake IMO. He clearly has a pretty massive ego and thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. I can't wait to see him fall flat on his fat pig face.
But he's a genius. No one ever thought of running plays quickly before he did.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

We will find out if you're right in the next couple of days. If we don't move on Hardy or other FAs over the next day or so, then you're wrong.

If we do, then I agree we should have moved before waiting on Murray.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

I don't think we go after him.

Cotton

Staff member
I am not going to crush dreams just yet. The idea that Hardy could be a possibility is about the only thing that is keeping me somewhat calm.

I knew we would be cheap in FA, but I did not think we would find ourselves a much weaker team just three days in.
How did you see it going? We lost Durant and Carter. This cripples us? The Murray thing was expected for the most part, so I can't understand how we are very different from what you could have seen us a week ago. You, yourself, have bitched about the liability Carter was in coverage. So... how are we so much weaker?

Cotton

Staff member

I don't think we go after him.
Yanno, there is a tweet thread for stuff like this.... fucking republican.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
What about Ray Rice? He's a POS but he would come cheap and would fill a need.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
The Hardy article makes it seem likely that he will be suspended atleast 2 games. The league wants 6 under the new policy and the PA wants 2 because this occured when the old policy was in place. I would sign him if it was a cheap contract but the league is going to fight this pretty hard.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Well, I'm for drafting Gurley at 27 if he's there. We've had good luck with Georgia Bulldog running backs before. :art

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Bob Sturm @SportsSturm · 2h 2 hours ago
What if I said the vet RB name I heard a while back in case they lost Murray was in trouble last yr, but not AD? Keep an eye on Ray Rice.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Bob Sturm @SportsSturm · 2h 2 hours ago
What if I said the vet RB name I heard a while back in case they lost Murray was in trouble last yr, but not AD? Keep an eye on Ray Rice.
That would be a national embarrassment to sign a POS who would treat a woman that way.

Cotton

Staff member
That would be a national embarrassment to sign a POS who would treat a woman that way.
Worse than a person that would kill their own teammate?

Top Bottom