Free Agency Chatter...

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Okay, maybe not a first. Didn't realize he was 30.
He was previously traded for a second and then a third, considering the Jets have high picks I'm betting that trend continues and he nets a 4th.

dallen

Senior Tech
Report: Lance Briggs won’t be back in Chicago

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 6, 2015, 2:43 AM EST

Lance Briggs believed he was playing his final season in Chicago last November.

The writing was on the wall regarding Briggs’ future and the Bears appear set to officially move on after 12 seasons together.

According to CSNChicago.com, the Bears have informed Briggs they will not be offering him a contract for next season.

“It’s the last year of my deal,” Briggs said in November. “It’s not like I’m going to magically show up after this year and they’re going to open the gates up for you.

“I know the reality of it and I’m proud of all the years I’ve had here. It’s been great. I couldn’t have asked for a better situation.”

Briggs is a seven-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro selection. However, he missed 13 games over the past two seasons due to injury. Briggs will be an unrestricted free agent.
Sounds like the perfect fit in Dallas. Marinelli's Walking Wounded

Carp

DCC 4Life

D

Deuce

@AdamSchefter: Chargers signing former Ravens WR Jacoby Jones to a two-year deal, per source.

Carp

DCC 4Life
@AdamSchefter: Chargers signing former Ravens WR Jacoby Jones to a two-year deal, per source.
I guess they did not see that I drafted Phillip Dorsett.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And, it's this year's 5th, so it will be a high 5th.

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
And, it's this year's 5th, so it will be a high 5th.
That is nothing for Brandon Marshall. He was on his way to another excellent year before Church kneed him.

Cotton

Staff member
That is nothing for Brandon Marshall. He was on his way to another excellent year before Church kneed him.
Yeah, no doubt. The Bears got raped a little bit on this deal.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Marshawn Lynch resigns with Seahawks for $11M, $9M guaranteed.
Not exactly.

Marshawn Lynch agrees to three-year, $31 million deal

Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2015, 6:45 PM EST

Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch has agreed to terms on a new contract that covers the next three years. And he’ll be paid at the high end of the running back market.

Per a source with knowledge of the terms, Lynch gets $12 million this year, in the form $7.5 million signing bonus and a $4.5 million fully-guaranteed base salary.

In 2016, Lynch (if he plays) will get a base salary of $9 million. In 2017 (if he plays), it’s a base salary of $7 million in 2017 along with a $3 million roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2017 league year.

If Lynch retires after 2015, he’d be responsible in theory for paying back $5 million of the signing bonus. But the Seahawks wouldn’t be required to pursue the money. If they know going in that he may walk after 2015 (and that probably was one of the subjects discussed at Friday’s sit-down regarding the contract), it would be a surprise if they seek repayment of the money.

Lynch was scheduled to make $7 million in 2015, the final year of a four-year contract. So, basically, he got another $5 million to return for one more year.

Cotton

Staff member
Too much.

D

Deuce

@CharlesRobinson: Per Randall Cobb, a return to #Packers would likely be for $1-2 mil less per yr than elsewhere (not counting non-personal income tax states)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chargers supposedly going after Iupati.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom