Another Illegal presidential order

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So, now he can't get his way through congress and issues an executive order he knows will be voided or overturned, and that he knows will accomplish nothing. There's leadership for you! :budd

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Oh yes, trying to strengthen and expand background checks so just maybe some crazy motherfucker doesn't get a gun is SO BAD!!

Fuck Congress. Too many there suck Wayne LaPierre's dick on command.

townsend

Banned
I don't agree with any of this silliness. This is what you're gonna get with Chicago politicians. The worst part is Chicagoans should know how little strict gun control laws actually work. It's really unfortunate when party lines and emotional attachment to failed policy trump any form of pragmatism.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stricter background check for gun owners? :lol

No, for people trying to buy a gun. If it stops one fucking lunatic from getting his hands on one it is well worth it.
Um, you do know how someone becomes a gun owner right? They have to buy a gun...

And the argument that if it stops one fucking lunatic, it is worth it is a stupid ass argument. Letting the cops arrest people without probable cause probably would stop one lunatic as well. But you have to weigh the elimination of a person's individual rights against the actual benefit to society. A background check will have a negligible impact on criminals, but it will have a massive impact on law abiding citizens.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Um, you do know how someone becomes a gun owner right? They have to buy a gun...

And the argument that if it stops one fucking lunatic, it is worth it is a stupid ass argument. Letting the cops arrest people without probable cause probably would stop one lunatic as well. But you have to weigh the elimination of a person's individual rights against the actual benefit to society. A background check will have a negligible impact on criminals, but it will have a massive impact on law abiding citizens.

OMG!! The retard in the fucking holler can't go to a gun show now and buy a gun without passing a background check. What the fuck ever will we do to stop this injustice?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's all political gamesmanship. Obama knows he can't get legislation through so he grandstands and over-reaches with executive order to do something that wouldn't have stopped any of the previous attacks anyways. Also, this isn't just about background checks, it also involves HIPAA regulations. Yes, mental health is a concern, but where do you draw the line? Let's just put anyone who has ever taken a paxil or prozac for depression or anxiety on a list and ban them from being able to buy a gun without due process?

And there has always been executive orders, but Obama has taken it to an extreme by using it to subvert congress and legislation and decreeing orders into law. Sets an interesting precedent. While many on the left applaud Obama's use of it now I'm sure they'll be singing a different tune if a conservative gets in office and subverts a Dem congress using executive orders.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG!! The retard in the fucking holler can't go to a gun show now and buy a gun without passing a background check. What the fuck ever will we do to stop this injustice?
That's cool, you just don't believe in a person's right to bare arms. You should probably just move to a country with a different constitution.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
That's cool, you just don't believe in a person's right to bare arms. You should probably just move to a country with a different constitution.
:lol Love it or leave it. Grrrrrrrr.

I do believe in a person's right to arms. I just don't think it should be easy for some fucktard to go buy one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol Love it or leave it. Grrrrrrrr.

I do believe in a person's right to arms. I just don't think it should be easy for some fucktard to go buy one.
Sure, and I don't believe it should be easy for some fucktard to vote but they have that right regardless.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course not. You are a conservative after all.
Yeah. He forgot that conservatives think it's perfectly logical that some one who votes should be a citizen and have photo identification. Forgive him. He just can't seem to accept the fact that voting is only for authorized citizens.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah. He forgot that conservatives think it's perfectly logical that some one who votes should be a citizen and have photo identification. Forgive him. He just can't seem to accept the fact that voting is only for authorized citizens.
That's not what he is saying. He is saying fucktarded American citizens should have a hard time voting.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's not what he is saying. He is saying fucktarded American citizens should have a hard time voting.
I guess he will say whether that is what he meant or was being sarcastic as was I.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of course not. You are a conservative after all.
I'm actually not really a conservative. Libertarian describes me perfectly. What I was alluding to was the fact that requiring identification in order to vote is considered too restrictive on a constitutional right, yet in the same breath we say it's ok to force people to wait and go through an extensive background to be able to exert their right to bare arms.

Background checks are a waste of time and only strive to make criminals out of law abiding citizens. The criminals won't give two shits about the process. If you think this will save anyone, check out how good those restrictive gun laws do in Chicago. I absolutely hate government interference in people's rights. You're not going to save lives. All you're going to do is increase the size of government (Have to have the man power to do all these background checks) and spend a shit ton of money on something that will have no noticeable impact. It's government, they run everything like shit.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Holy shit, this thread is one big tard meme blast.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Does anyone have an actual summary on what Obama's attempt to write law with executive orders is actually going to do? I mean, are we back to waiting periods or are they just using more databases or what?

Top Bottom