User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion... yeah or nah?

The lady in the first post is an idiot though. I think we can all agree on that. If you are against the laws regarding informed consent the solution isn't to impose those laws on more people. Fight to repeal it
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

It seems to this point that the majority sees abortion as a situational determination and I think that fits more people than what most realize. Even the self proclaimed pro life or women's rights individuals will most probably have an exception to rule of their position. That seems to be where I am.
    Since Day One

3. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I'm anti-abortion but pro choice.

I remember watching the camera of my kid in the womb really early, I want to say it was like 8 weeks, and thinking Jesus he seems alive already.

I'd never say never, but I'd like to think I'd never willing terminate a baby.

But I do believe in pro-choice within limitations.
    I couldn't agree more, this is exactly how I feel on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I'm anti-abortion but pro choice.

I remember watching the camera of my kid in the womb really early, I want to say it was like 8 weeks, and thinking Jesus he seems alive already.

I'd never say never, but I'd like to think I'd never willing terminate a baby.

But I do believe in pro-choice within limitations.
    I'm anti-abortion, but don't think I should take the right of a woman to decide over her body. Is the embrio not part of her body? The more reason she shouldn't have to keep it inside if she doesn't want it, but I do think there is a window, if you didn't do anything about it the first 10 weeks I would consider it tacit agreement to keep it.
    @Rev supporter

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    I'm anti-abortion, but don't think I should take the right of a woman to decide over her body. Is the embrio not part of her body? The more reason she shouldn't have to keep it inside if she doesn't want it, but I do think there is a window, if you didn't do anything about it the first 10 weeks I would consider it tacit agreement to keep it.
    If she didn't want it in her, maybe she should have kept her legs closed. Unless you are only talking about rape cases.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Very liberal on this the older I get. I lean liberal on a lot of social issues I guess.

There are enough children that go hungry and don't get love and nurturing. If some lady wants to kill an unborn kid, that's between her and whatever God she answers to.

This issue, among others like gay marriage, should not be a political football or whatever.

But yeah, go ahead and let them do it. I don't want to pay for it, though. That's some bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Very liberal on this the older I get. I lean liberal on a lot of social issues I guess.

There are enough children that go hungry and don't get love and nurturing. If some lady wants to kill an unborn kid, that's between her and whatever God she answers to.

This issue, among others like gay marriage, should not be a political football or whatever.

But yeah, go ahead and let them do it. I don't want to pay for it, though. That's some bullshit.
    Weird how we have gone the opposite directions the older we have gotten. Your opinion is your opinion, though. I don't agree with it, but I won't blast you over it.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    It seems to this point that the majority sees abortion as a situational determination and I think that fits more people than what most realize. Even the self proclaimed pro life or women's rights individuals will most probably have an exception to rule of their position. That seems to be where I am.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    If she didn't want it in her, maybe she should have kept her legs closed. Unless you are only talking about rape cases.
    Yeah... I'm betting you never had unprotected sex...

What if she did use protection, but it failed. Does she get to abort then?

What if she had holier-than-thou parents who never gave her proper sex-ed, should she pay for the sins of her parents?

Aren't you always complaining about the government getting into your personal life, now you are to tell another person how to act?

Sorry, wouldn't abort, but it's not my place to take that right away from others.
    @Rev supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    Yeah... I'm betting you never had unprotected sex...

What if she did use protection, but it failed. Does she get to abort then?

What if she had holier-than-thou parents who never gave her proper sex-ed, should she pay for the sins of her parents?

Aren't you always complaining about the government getting into your personal life, now you are to tell another person how to act?

Sorry, wouldn't abort, but it's not my place to take that right away from others.
    Failed protection is not that human baby's fault. Nor is being careless and not using it at all.

And, as far as the govt goes, I still think they should keep it illegal to kill someone, so yeah...