Must See Movies

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I haven't bought comics in years, but can someone in the know tell me what they hell they've done with Stark and Iron Man in the comics now. Is he like Obama on steroids or something?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I haven't bought comics in years, but can someone in the know tell me what they hell they've done with Stark and Iron Man in the comics now. Is he like Obama on steroids or something?
I don't like Obama at all, but Jesus, dude must haunt your dreams or something.

dallen

Senior Tech
Jake Gyllenhaal was amazingly creepy in Nightcrawler. How was he not nominated for an Oscar?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jake Gyllenhaal was amazingly creepy in Nightcrawler. How was he not nominated for an Oscar?
Yeah, he was. Don't get that either. There were some good performances like Keaton, Carrell (who got hosed IMO) and even Cooper. But Gyllenhaal was way better than frigging Cumberbatch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This didn't get me all that jacked up for the movie like the others.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This is going to be good, but mechanical monsters don't do much for me. I like villains like Joker, Doc Ock, Bane, etc.

data

Forbes #1
This is going to be good, but mechanical monsters don't do much for me. I like villains like Joker, Doc Ock, Bane, etc.
If we are segueing to all-time movie villians, terminator 2. Robert Patrick.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
After watching 12 Years a Slave, I want to resurrect Sherman and burn the South down again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
After watching 12 Years a Slave, I want to resurrect Sherman and burn the South down again.
Wow, I wonder how you feel when you watch Selma.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Worst thing about the Civil War and the South was only a small elite upper class was rich enough to own even a single slave. The people who did all the dying in the war and being fucked over by the Union Army afterwards were mostly poor people who had no stake in the slave trade, duped into thinking the war they were fighting was for their homeland, rather than for the economic interests of the people who kept them underemployed through breeding their own labor force in house.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Worst thing about the Civil War and the South was only a small elite upper class was rich enough to own even a single slave. The people who did all the dying in the war and being fucked over by the Union Army afterwards were mostly poor people who had no stake in the slave trade, duped into thinking the war they were fighting was for their homeland, rather than for the economic interests of the people who kept them underemployed through breeding their own labor force in house.
I had almost that exact conversation with my 11 year old daughter after we started watching Ken Burn's Civil War Sunday.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sounds like the current Republican party.:unsure

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Sounds like the current Republican party.:unsure
Show me one middle class Democrat in power. Including your president. And remember dude, it was the Republicans that freed the slaves, not the Democrats. And the democrats are the ones still keeping poor people poor and unemployed and government dependent.

Top Bottom