Random NFL Tweets Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Eagles are doing some weird things this offseason. Cole, half their secondary, and now this. Not sure it's smart.
Kelly probably thinks it's like college where he can just talk some bullshit to a bunch of 17 year olds and bring in 20-25 elite athletes every year, doesn't work like that in the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kelly probably thinks it's like college where he can just talk some bullshit to a bunch of 17 year olds and bring in 20-25 elite athletes every year, doesn't work like that in the NFL.
He's going the Spurrier route, except even more severe.

Good luck with that Angry Pig.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rosenhaus: Eagles say no LeSean trade yet

Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2015, 6:57 PM EST

In response to the report that the Eagles will ship running back LeSean McCoy to the Bills for linebacker Kiko Alonso, agent Drew Rosenhaus contends that the deal isn’t done yet.

“I just spoke with the Eagles organization and there is no trade for LeSean at this time,” Rosenhaus said on Twitter. “There have been discussions but nothing finalized.”

Nothing can be finalized until Tuesday, March 10 at 4:00 p.m. ET. So the information the Eagles provided to Rosenhaus is correct, even if the two teams have struck a deal in principle.

Even if an agreement has been reached between the two teams, either side can back out. If McCoy makes it clear that he’s not on board with the deal, the Bills may not want him. So, basically, stay tuned.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is not going to help their cap either...his signing bonus accelerates, right?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd welcome Cole and Williams here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Coming off a torn ACL.
Alonso is a basically younger version of Sean Lee so far. Not sure I would accept Lee straight up for McCoy. In 2013, he was dynamic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
Alonso is a basically younger version of Sean Lee so far. Not sure I would accept Lee straight up for McCoy. In 2013, he was dynamic.
He did look great, no doubt.

As an aside...McCoy strikes me as a guy who is going to have a problem playing off the grid in Buffalo.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Welcome to Dallas Trent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would like very much to sign him and have him take out his anger on the Eagles.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Chip must really like the RB depth in the draft. But good luck trying to find your franchise QB and RB in the same draft.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Cole was drafted in '05 the same year as Ware and Spears. He's still been reasonably productive but will be entering his 11th season. If the price is right he could have a couple more decent years, but I'd prefer to go younger.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Chip must really like the RB depth in the draft. But good luck trying to find your franchise QB and RB in the same draft.
I think he saw Polk do some things and felt like the position ran itself. He spread carries in college too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Or he's vastly overvaluing Chris Polk.
If he's banking on a good RB from this class, it is going to take a premium choice. That is what he will have to give up to get Mariota.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not something you do when you are looking to cut or trade a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom