Training Camp Thread...

townsend

Banned
I actually forgot about White.

As for Jones, he's athletic but I need to see it first. I'm still a bit butt hurt that we used a 1st round pick on him.

Nothing he did in college screams NFL caliber player.
I'm glad he's coming into a competitive situation. A lot of 1st rounders (especially on this team) get penciled in as starters on day one. Jones has an uphill battle to be a starting corner, and is probably in a fight with Claiborne just to be the 3rd corner. (unless we shift Jones to safety in which case he's still facing an entrenched starter.) I think a guy who was drafted mostly on potential needs that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Live Cowboys camp feed now on NFLN.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

townsend

Banned
Damn, that's a good dime formation.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wouldn't mind seeing that as our standard 3rd and long package.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, that's a good dime formation.
Yeah, but for the first month, someone will need to take Hardy's place.

It would be nice if someone like Jack Crawford or Ryan Russell can step up and be a surprise.

It seems to me that Marinelli will phase out the base 4-3 and run with more of a NASCAR rush alignment. That explains why he devalues the nose tackle position so much.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What?

Talk about hating on a player.:lol
It's not hating. When I pulled up all the highlight videos for Jones he looked average. He didn't make many "wow" plays.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I see bust all over that guy, but that's just me.
I see the same thing for Mariota.

My other "hot take" prediction on the year, this will be the year that Peyton Manning takes a huge step back.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, but for the first month, someone will need to take Hardy's place.

It would be nice if someone like Jack Crawford or Ryan Russell can step up and be a surprise.

It seems to me that Marinelli will phase out the base 4-3 and run with more of a NASCAR rush alignment. That explains why he devalues the nose tackle position so much.
We are not going to be great at stopping a power running game. I really hope Murray is as busted as we all think he is.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's not wrong. I saw UCONN play multiple times in the last 2 years and nobody ever stood out.
The fact that he was a consensus 1st round projection says both of you are wrong.

Come on not a NFL caliber player, he might not be very good but saying he shown nothing is way out there.

But then you were spot on about T Smith, so there is that.:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I see the same thing for Mariota.

My other "hot take" prediction on the year, this will be the year that Peyton Manning takes a huge step back.
This might be a good idea for our primers forum. A hot take article on various players. You could be the first. You wanna write up something on Manning as to why you think it's his recession year?

Top Bottom