Cole Beasley signs Extension

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Pretty similar to the 4 year, 17 million deal Edelman got about a year ago. I think it's possible Beasley could give us a similar impact to Edelman, although probably not the stats because we have more weapons in the passing game.

The signing bonus is low and I assume the guaranteed money is early in the deal so he should be easy to cut in year 3 or 4 if we have to.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Good deal.

Guy almost quit football, came back, works hard and now is on easy street if he's smart.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Good for him, I like Beasely. Not a bad contract, considering he was on the verge of calling it quits his rookie year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good signing. And for a decent amount.

cmd34

Brand New Member
Good for him, I like Beasely. Not a bad contract, considering he was on the verge of calling it quits his rookie year.
Yep. I was at TC the day before he "disappeared". What stood out to me was they he stayed well after everyone else left signing autographs for anyone who wanted them. Seems like a really cool guy who was probably just going through something.

The other thing that stood out to me was that he was a midget.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. I was at TC the day before he "disappeared". What stood out to me was they he stayed well after everyone else left signing autographs for anyone who wanted them. Seems like a really cool guy who was probably just going through something.

The other thing that stood out to me was that he was a midget.
:lol

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Love the deal. It's a price you can afford for a slot guy. I think he's going to be a bigger part of the offense going forward as Witten declines.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Love the deal. It's a price you can afford for a slot guy. I think he's going to be a bigger part of the offense going forward as Witten declines.
Agreed, he's basically the mythical 2nd TE that never came to fruition in terms of what kind of routes he runs in the passing game.

D

Deuce

If only he were a bigger part on a crucial 4th down in the playoffs.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
phenomenal deal. I know Romo can pretty much make anyone in the slot look like a #1 receiver but I feel like Beasley makes up for Terrence Williams' dissapearing acts midway through the season more so than the others on the team. I like keeping him around for another few years as a serious mismatch inside

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So if a 3rd receiver gets an average of 4 mill a year, what does Williams get?

I like Beasley and he's very good in his role, but I hope this team isn't foolish enough to fill that 2nd spot someday.

D

Deuce

I like Beasley and he's very good in his role, but I hope this team isn't foolish enough to fill that 2nd spot someday.
Once Dez gets his fat check, my guess is Williams walks when his contract is up and they hope Devin Street or a newer player will fill his role. No way does Beasley play outside.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Unfortunately I think Williams is our Randall Cobb. He's a guy some team is going to buy out from under us. We'll just have to pick another WR or develop and eventually sign Street to a cheaper extension.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

I think Williams gets the door as well and we fill the other outside spot with a draft pick or decent priced FA.

Don't know if Street has anything for this level.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good for Shrimp Beasley. All I can say is we need at least last year and better going forward to make this something I get all excited about.

Sorry, but the Austin deal left me scarred, even though this is significantly less. I am not talking about the spending, I just hate it when guys get fat and happy with the Jerry Golden Tickets.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd like to spend a mid round pick on Tony Lippett...he fits our mold and just made plays at MSU.

Top Bottom