Cowboys' offense too Tony Romo-friendly. Romo-reliant

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm hearing a lot of blame-shifting in the DFW media. The last few days some ESPN Dallas guys have claimed Garrett told Jerry over the summer he didn't think Weeden could do it. Then there was an article that Linehan was praising Weeden to Jerry. But the radio guys have also claimed Cassel was a Jerry move.
Where is the QB coach in all of these discussions?

Oh yeah...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But we should have Romo.

And suppose the Cowboys beat Washington and pick 7th or 8th and Treadwell is available at that pick. With two Dez Bryants as receiving targets, that pushes Terrance Williams down from #2, but if Beasley remains in the slot then Williams becomes the 4th WR.

That's silly... no way should Beasley take the field before Williams. I'm a bit down on Williams-- but not that far down!
I disagree. If Williams can't perform at the #2 position, that is no reason to push down Beasley from the slot position. I don't think Williams would do as well in the slot. Williams just has to perform as a WR or he doesn't have a place on the team. I think he can be useful in some schemes but I don't think he will function better than Beasley at the slot position. Beasley has the moves, quickness and hands for the job.

Top Bottom