Forget checking it down: Brandon Weeden hurls some shade

p1_

DCC 4Life
Forget checking it down: Brandon Weeden hurls some shade at Jerry Jones, who will be watching playoffs 'on his couch'

When Tony Romo first went down with an injury, it was Brandon Weeden's job to make sure the Dallas Cowboys stayed afloat for Romo's return.

That didn't exactly go as planned.

After owner Jerry Jones raved about Weeden's arm -- 'you won't see a more gifted passer,' Jones said in September -- the former Oklahoma State quarterback was sent packing after going 0-3 with the team.

Now, after getting the Houston Texans into prime position to make the playoffs, Weeden isn't just checking down some shade. He's hurling it at Jones.

After Jones went on 105.3 The Fan saying this...

On @1053thefan, Jerry Jones says that Matt Cassel would have won the games that Brandon Weeden lost.

...Weeden said on an Oklahoma radio station recently that he feels that the players in the Texans locker room have his back.

"Obviously a lot of guys here got my back," he said. "Nate Washington said some really nice things after last week's win, which I really appreciated. Everybody here has got my back. They understand how the league works. I think they were just as shocked as I was with some of the things that maybe Jerry [Jones] or whoever was saying. It was kind of one of those things. Like I said, everybody here has my back. When it's all said and done, that's really all that matters."

Shortly after, this exchange went down. And shade was thrown.

Question: Will it be extra satisfying because of what Jerry [Jones] said to see the Cowboys completely just turn into a dumpster fire if you're in the playoffs?

"I mean, yeah. Absolutely," Weeden said. "We get to play extra football and he'll be watching on his couch. That's what it's all about. We're playing for something and this is a fun time of the year."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:lol

Take that, Jerry and Jason. Morons.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jerry's response will be to sign Johnny Football and promote Beasley to #2 WR. Fat new signing bonuses to Crawford, Lee, Claiborne, and Hardy takes care of the defense.

Joe Cowboys Fans will immediately go back to licking his crusty old balls in no time.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Ugh, it truly is amazing how easy it is to hate this team after crap like this.

It's also amazing that we've gone from a culture of expecting to compete for a Super Bowl, and I mean actually competing and not Jerruh's senile sense of "competing", to so many being thrilled at us just simply making the playoffs.

Top Bottom