Sabin - Sources: Cowboys have no knowledge of rumored video tape involving Bryant

gator

Brand New Member
It all comes back to Eugene Parker vs Roc Nation. Dez will have to leave Roc Nation and go back to Parker before Dallas resigns him. If that happens the tape won't come out.

D

Deuce

Except the fact that he was only really offered 20 million.

Come on Deuce you know the only real money is the guaranteed part.

I admit nobody should really feel disrespected concerning 20 mill but everything is relative and in no way are he and D Bowe on the same level.
That's bogus. The $20M are the only guarentees, but as long as he doesn't revert back to old behaviors or blow out multiple knees in consecutive seasons he will see the vast majority of that deal.

Plus, lets not forget Jerry's cap management move is to guarentee future money during restructuring. When it's all said and done, he'll probably see $80-90M of it. God that has to be so frustrating to be him. He should probably bitch some more on twitter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's bogus. The $20M are the only guarentees, but as long as he doesn't revert back to old behaviors or blow out multiple knees in consecutive seasons he will see the vast majority of that deal.

Plus, lets not forget Jerry's cap management move is to guarentee future money during restructuring. When it's all said and done, he'll probably see $80-90M of it. God that has to be so frustrating to be him. He should probably bitch some more on twitter.
No offense it's a 10 year deal as reported. That means the last couple years of it Dez is highly unlikely to see and those are the years with the highest base salary in most contracts.

If you look at the average amount he would make per year it's below market value and the signing bonus is about half of what it should be. It's just not a legitimate offer. Maybe it would have been 5 years ago but it isn't today.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

No offense it's a 10 year deal as reported. That means the last couple years of it Dez is highly unlikely to see and those are the years with the highest base salary in most contracts.

If you look at the average amount he would make per year it's below market value and the signing bonus is about half of what it should be. It's just not a legitimate offer. Maybe it would have been 5 years ago but it isn't today.
Everything is negotiable, including the structuring of each years base salary. But to negotiate, his agents will have to come to the table. As of last week, that hasn't even happened yet.

As for the yearly salary, I don't buy that $11M a year is drastically lower than it should e. he isn't Calvin Johnson and doesn't deserve that deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything is negotiable, including the structuring of each years base salary. But to negotiate, his agents will have to come to the table. As of last week, that hasn't even happened yet.

As for the yearly salary, I don't buy that $11M a year is drastically lower than it should e. he isn't Calvin Johnson and doesn't deserve that deal.
Bowe's deal averages over 11 a year. If the Cowboys want to negotiation they have to come with a reasonable offer. This one isn't. It's the equivalent of Dewayne Bowe's contract or worse.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Bowe's deal averages over 11 a year. If the Cowboys want to negotiation they have to come with a reasonable offer. This one isn't. It's the equivalent of Dewayne Bowe's contract or worse.
In that case Bowe is WAY overpaid.

D

Deuce

Bowe keeps getting brought up. I don't care what he makes because the Chiefs were stupid to give it to him. Nobody claims he's worth that much. Maybe instead of hiring a rapper with a clothing line, he should hire Bowe's agent for this deal. Then he might get way overpaid and not feel so disrespected.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bowe keeps getting brought up. I don't care what he makes because the Chiefs were stupid to give it to him. Nobody claims he's worth that much. Maybe instead of hiring a rapper with a clothing line, he should hire Bowe's agent for this deal. Then he might get way overpaid and not feel so disrespected.
Fine then, Percy Harvin and Wallace both have bigger contracts then Bowe.

The problem is you guys have zero basis for what you think is a reasonable contract for Dez. I mean it seems like people on here have no idea what the market value for an elite WR is.

When lesser talents are getting more on the free agent market, then your offer to Dez sucks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we don't want to give Dez the market value then I say franchise him and try to trade him for a first. I mean if you don't want to give the guy a contract with 35 + mil signing bonus then you might as well move on and trade him. Surely someone would give us a first for him, if not more.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I mean if we gave up a first and other picks for Roy Williams and 2 firsts for Joey Galloway then we ought to get a team's entire draft for the next 3 years for Dez.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Since when is Tom Condon a Rapper?:unsure

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Condon is partnering with Roc Nation to help with negotiations because they have no idea what they're doing, but he's still represented by them.
If it makes you feel better I also hate Roc Nation. I think they are a joke and it's an insult to the people who actually know what they are doing that anyone hires these guys. They get hired because of celebrity status and for no other reason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is a little odd Condon isn't getting something done. Seemed to handle the Romo negotiations pretty well.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If it makes you feel better I also hate Roc Nation. I think they are a joke and it's an insult to the people who actually know what they are doing that anyone hires these guys. They get hired because of celebrity status and for no other reason.
Do you know of anything Roc Nation has done bad or good for their clients?

Serious question because I don't really know either but I am not dismissing them off out of hand, JZ is very smart guy.

He seems to be doing well for Durant.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24621874/kevin-durant-signs-on-to-endorse-sparkling-ice-drink

https://lockerdome.com/6602888440975681/7368248358356244

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It is a little odd Condon isn't getting something done. Seemed to handle the Romo negotiations pretty well.
Harder to negotiate people who are scared shitless of being raped.

A QB with Romo's consistent production not only automatically gets the top salary slot it's also easier to translate stats into dollars.

Dez dropped the knucklehead routine and brought elite WR production when the carrot of a huge contract made him do it.

Once 25-35 million guaranteed dollars are banked, Dez truly becomes his own man with no one to answer to. What guarantees does Dallas have if Dez melts down or just coasts? They must really be afraid of this.

I think they're seriously thinking about paying 13 mill in 2015 and 15 million in 2016 to still hold that long term deal over Dez' head. I also think they are considering insurance in this WR-rich draft.

So my prediction is Dez gets franchised and a long term deal after the draft produces no impact WRs. They'll pretend they are negotiating in good faith, but they are really waiting for April 30.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harder to negotiate people who are scared shitless of being raped.

A QB with Romo's consistent production not only automatically gets the top salary slot it's also easier to translate stats into dollars.

Dez dropped the knucklehead routine and brought elite WR production when the carrot of a huge contract made him do it.

Once 25-35 million guaranteed dollars are banked, Dez truly becomes his own man with no one to answer to. What guarantees does Dallas have if Dez melts down or just coasts? They must really be afraid of this.

I think they're seriously thinking about paying 13 mill in 2015 and 15 million in 2016 to still hold that long term deal over Dez' head. I also think they are considering insurance in this WR-rich draft.

So my prediction is Dez gets franchised and a long term deal after the draft produces no impact WRs. They'll pretend they are negotiating in good faith, but they are really waiting for April 30.
Dez demonstrates way too much passion on the field for me to believe that he will just pack it in after getting a big contract. Michael Irvin had his off the field shit too but the passion and heart were always there. I really don't have a concern about Dez on a long term contract not going out and still playing at an elite level.

My bigger concern is alienating Dez in this whole contract process. He is a guy who has been screwed over a lot in life and I'm afraid if you try to leverage him too hard in this whole process that you might as well just ship him to another team. It's why I'd rather trade Dez then to try and get him to play under the franchise tag next year. Right or wrong I don't think Dez would trust the organization any longer.

D

Deuce

Dez demonstrates way too much passion on the field for me to believe that he will just pack it in after getting a big contract. Michael Irvin had his off the field shit too but the passion and heart were always there. I really don't have a concern about Dez on a long term contract not going out and still playing at an elite level.

My bigger concern is alienating Dez in this whole contract process. He is a guy who has been screwed over a lot in life and I'm afraid if you try to leverage him too hard in this whole process that you might as well just ship him to another team. It's why I'd rather trade Dez then to try and get him to play under the franchise tag next year. Right or wrong I don't think Dez would trust the organization any longer.
I agree that he won't ever pack it in. Just doesn't seem like its in his DNA to be that way.

I do question your other point, though. Ya, he's had it tough in the past personally. But this is business. Negotiations can be long and hard. If he can't handle that process than he's more thin skinned than I thought.

Top Bottom