Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm not so sure he will make it to the 3.
I think he has 2 years, tops.....and even then, I wouldn't put money on it.

His age coupled with his declining health makes him a risk to drop off at any moment.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think Romo could last 3 as long as we keep running the ball and get another good OT to replace Doug Free. With a running team and the NFL's best line, he has no more reason not to stay healthy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Steve Young turned 35 in 1996 and played some of his best football two years later in 1998. He got a concussion in early 1999 that ended his career. Similar to Young, Romo spent years on the bench waiting for his opportunity.

Young had the concussions, for Romo it's maybe the back, and for Aikman it was both.

Either way, Romo should have a better OL for the next few years than either Young did in 1999 or Aikman did in 2000. Dallas also has a superior identity of run-first, smash mouth football that allows the QB to pick his moments without having to carry the team.

That combination bodes well for Romo.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Steve Young turned 35 in 1996 and played some of his best football two years later in 1998. He got a concussion in early 1999 that ended his career. Similar to Young, Romo spent years on the bench waiting for his opportunity.

Young had the concussions, for Romo it's maybe the back, and for Aikman it was both.

Either way, Romo should have a better OL for the next few years than either Young did in 1999 or Aikman did in 2000. Dallas also has a superior identity of run-first, smash mouth football that allows the QB to pick his moments without having to carry the team.

Agreed. There's no guarantee obviously, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think you could get another 4 or 5 years out of Romo.

We wouldn't be smart to count on it, but I could see him lasting that long.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pending the numbers I am happy.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If we get a good deal I don't hate that at all.

p1_

DCC 4Life

You sure sound comfy. I wish I were.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think he has 2 years, tops.....and even then, I wouldn't put money on it.

His age coupled with his declining health makes him a risk to drop off at any moment.
If Romo stays in shape and doesn't get reinjured i think he might be good for up to 5 years I am more concerned about his arm wearing out than anything

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

awwww

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's pretty cool.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol
His source must have been playing a joke on him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Good.

Cotton

Staff member
He, Lee and McClain can all have a race to see who ends up on the IR first.
Well, of those 3, if we have to pick one, I hope he wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom