Random NFL Tweets Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
Regardless, what a ballsy trade. YOu just don't see this kind of trade these days anymore. No draft picks, not bust-for-bust.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Regardless, what a ballsy trade. YOu just don't see this kind of trade these days anymore. No draft picks, not bust-for-bust.
I am just amazed at how much cap room the Eagles are stockpiling. Between McCoy, Herremans, Cole etc. they are now at something insane like $48M in room.

I just wonder who else besides Maclin they will spend it on. I guess maybe Maxwell?

D

Deuce

I am just amazed at how much cap room the Eagles are stockpiling. Between McCoy, Herremans, Cole etc. they are now at something insane like $48M in room.

I just wonder who else besides Maclin they will spend it on. I guess maybe Maxwell?
Suh and Cox next to each other would be crazy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Maxwell would be a big mistake. Classic case of overpaying a guy who looks better than he is because of surrounding talent. He's playing in a secondary that has quite possibly 3 HOF'ers, at least 2, not to mention an overall amazing defense. They seem to cycle through 2nd CB's up there in Seattle with no real issues so I think whoever pays Maxwell 10+ a year will regret it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Travis Frederick and Zack Martin got this. Signed, The Zone
Those two guys gave them fits at times. It would be brutal. Signed, Anyone with a functional brain.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It would be a bit ridiculous to me to make a guy the highest paid defender in the league then ask him to switch schemes, even if 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE are similar.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They would most likely have to go back to a 4-3 for that to happen.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I could see Maxwell, McCourty, plus another CB. Their whole secondary needs an overhaul.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see Maxwell, McCourty, plus another CB. Their whole secondary needs an overhaul.
I like McCourty but I think Maxwell gets exposed if he goes to the Eagles. He is a dude that looks good when he is the fourth or fifth best guy in a secondary. If he is suddenly your top corner I think he will get burned. Someone's going to pay big money for him and we will probably be looking back at it like Carr's contract. A guy who isn't a bad player but someone who is highly overpaid.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom