The Beer Thread

junk

Not So New Member
Just got back from California. If you're ever out that way, do yourself a favor and try some of the stuff from Modern Times. Their "City of the Sun" is outstanding although I think it was a limited run. Hopefully, they bring it back.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

This is the beer I'm drinking right now. I drink a lot of great craft beers and I only get around to putting up a small %, but this company makes some amazing beers. Try anything from them.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

This is the beer I'm drinking right now. I drink a lot of great craft beers and I only get around to putting up a small %, but this company makes some amazing beers. Try anything from them.
Odells is excellent. Myrcenary is my favorite of the beers of their I've tried. Their former head brewer moved to Austin a few years ago and is head brewer at Pinthouse Pizza brewpub. Overall the best of the local breweries, IMO. They don't bottle or can though, have to get it on location. I know you come into Austin on occasion so I would recommend it. It's on Burnet Rd. but they are opening a new, bigger location on S. Lamar this spring/early summer.

townsend

Banned
Sir_William’s_English_Brown_Ale_a_376x.jpg
Just picked up a six pack of Sir William's English Brown Ale made by Grapevine Craft Brewery. Nice malty beer that finishes crisp and clean, gotta watch myself or else I can drink a whole 6 pack in a sitting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just picked up a six pack of Sir William's English Brown Ale made by Grapevine Craft Brewery. Nice malty beer that finishes crisp and clean, gotta watch myself or else I can drink a whole 6 pack in a sitting.
A whole six beers... in ONE SITTING?!?!?!?! Bro, you better be careful you don't get blood alcohol poisoning.

townsend

Banned
A whole six beers... in ONE SITTING?!?!?!?! Bro, you better be careful you don't get blood alcohol poisoning.
Since leaving the navy I've pretty much decided that I don't want to have more than 3 or 4 drinks in a day. Also I'm a calorie counter and a six pack would reduce the rest of my daily caloric allowance to a slice of black forest ham and a stick of trident gum.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Since leaving the navy I've pretty much decided that I don't want to have more than 3 or 4 drinks in a day. Also I'm a calorie counter and a six pack would reduce the rest of my daily caloric allowance to a slice of black forest ham and a stick of trident gum.
I was just jacking with you.

townsend

Banned
Hey townsend, you're from Ft Worth right?
I lived in San Antonio for 2 years, but I just moved to Grapevine last weekend.

(Edit: I live walking distance from the Grapevine Craft Brewery so so far the move is feeling like a great decision.)

Last edited:

vince

Not So New Member
I lived in San Antonio for 2 years, but I just moved to Grapevine last weekend.

(Edit: I live walking distance from the Grapevine Craft Brewery so so far the move is feeling like a great decision.)
When you get a chance, try Lakefire. It's pretty damn good.

Top Bottom