Dallas Cowboys' Randle arrested in Wichita

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Cool, now he'll get a firearms sponsorship.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
What good has ever come from hanging out in Wichita?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So, Williams slides into the #2 RB spot and we move on as if nothing happened. It's a shame, because he could have had a role going forward, but I'm not weeping bitter tears.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just don't want it to be a 10 mil cap hit...that is why I don't want to use the tag on Murray. Williams did show some wiggle, but with the possible loss of Harris the 2nd and 3rd RB have to be ST guys. Hopefully he can do something there.
Oh, I certainly would not use the tag on Murray.

I'd rather take a 1st round RB, even with all the issues we have on defense, than to use the cap on Murray.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He'll probably avoid that charge, then.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He'll probably avoid that charge, then.
Yep think he has, his agent is doing damage control by tweeting he only got a ticket for possession

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bitches be trippin

In all seriousness though. Cut him and move Williams up. I liked Randle's ability on the field but I don't think it changes the plan that much. Williams can give you a lot of similar things. We still need to add a RB either in free agency or the draft or both. I still don't want a first round RB though. I don't think this changes my opinion with regards to Gordon in the first. Gordon is a stud, but there are a shit ton of really good RBs in this draft.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yep...said that in the other thread. Any leverage we have is gone. Can't fix stupid...I mean he got by on the other arrest, but they need to set a tone here and cut him.

Oh...hi Josh Brent.
The 2nd time Brent kills someone he is out of here.

dallen

Senior Tech
Every one is forgetting about the secret weapon, Lance Dunbar. We have been hiding him from the league for just such an occasion

p1_

DCC 4Life
Say hello, Curvin Richards.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is a blessing in disguise. Any plan that includes this guy starting would be doomed from the start, he's no more than a number 2 RB at best, and one that I'd probably want to upgrade on at that. This ends any possibility that we go into next year counting on this guy for much of anything.
This is exactly how I feel about it. My worst nightmare scenario at the position was not resigning Murray and doing nothing in the draft. This hopefully will force our hand a bit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is a blessing in disguise. Any plan that includes this guy starting would be doomed from the start, he's no more than a number 2 RB at best, and one that I'd probably want to upgrade on at that. This ends any possibility that we go into next year counting on this guy for much of anything.
This guy is barely a #2. He is a basic running back who takes what's blocked for him and nothing more. Unless he HGH/roids out he's a complementary guy at best.

Dallas needs to build around an elite backfield. One bonafide stud and a second who is a slight dropoff but a fine player in his own right.

If we have that we have a chance to contend with our OL, Romo, and Dez.

The draft is a must, IMO, preferably at the bottom of the 2nd/3rd or even 1st if a beast like Gordon falls.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
His agent was pretty embarrassing on Twitter, basically saying it was all nothing...he was never "arrested", only got a "ticket". Fact is, he received a citation for MJ. Fact of the matter is, that is in lieu of being put in jail.
-----------------

Agent claims Joseph Randle wasn’t arrested, police say he was

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 4, 2015, 1:27 PM EST

The Wichita Police Department has confirmed that Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was arrested in Wichita, despite Randle’s agent saying otherwise.

After the reports surfaced this morning that Randle had been arrested on drug charges, Randle’s agent took to Twitter and disputed those reports. Agent Erik Burkhardt said that while it was true that Randle had an encounter with the police, they only ticketed Randle and did not arrest him.

However, PFT contacted Lt. James Espinoza, the Wichita Police spokesperson, and he confirmed that although Randle wasn’t booked and didn’t have a mug shot taken, he was arrested and given a notice to appear in court.

“His agent can say what he wants to. Here in Wichita, Kansas, it’s considered an arrest,” Espinoza said.

Espinoza said that the police originally arrived on the scene for a domestic violence call but saw no reason to make a domestic violence arrest. He said police will continue to investigate.

“Early Tuesday morning at around 3 a.m. Wichita police were dispatched . . . for domestic violence with a weapon,” Espinoza said, reading from a prepared statement. “Police while there contacted a 23-year-old named Joseph Randle and a 22-year-old female. Upon investigating the 911 call, officers located a small amount of marijuana in the room that was rented or paid for by Joseph Randle. He was subsequently arrested on the scene and given a court date. . . . There was no domestic violence arrest made. Our investigators, our domestic violence experts, are looking into that.”

The marijuana arrest could land Randle in trouble with the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, while the domestic violence call could result in the NFL investigating under its personal-conduct policy. The fact that Randle is finding himself in trouble again just four months after he was arrested for stealing underwear and cologne may also result in the Cowboys asking if he’s more trouble than he’s worth.
-------------------
The guy is a loser, hopefully the Joneses can see that by now and move on at least mentally if not physically.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
His agent was pretty embarrassing on Twitter, basically saying it was all nothing...he was never "arrested", only got a "ticket". Fact is, he received a citation for MJ. Fact of the matter is, that is in lieu of being put in jail.

The guy is a loser, hopefully the Joneses can see that by now and move on at least mentally if not physically.
We absolutely can't afford to base our offensive identity around a knucklehead with marginal talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We absolutely can't afford to base our offensive identity around a knucklehead with marginal talent.
Nope, that's the general point.

If we are going to be a running team drawing its identity from the position, the last thing you want is some loser entrusted with that level of responsibility.

I wouldn't want even the backup to be this big of a retard.

data

Forbes #1
Jerry jones is gonna bring in Steven Jackson. "Ya'll forgive me now?"

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Quite a bit of spin for a borderline back up. Dump his ass, separate the wheat from the chaff.

I'm sick of boneheaded players that don't learn from their mistakes.

Top Bottom