User Tag List

Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1532

Thread: 2016 College Football Chatter

  1. #1521
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,808
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I loved that Swinney called out that idiot Colin Cowherd.

    I don't listen to Cowherd's show but I may have to find it just to hear his response.
    Missed what both said.
    #Fire Garrett

  2. #1522
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Missed what both said.
    Apparently Cowherd called Clemson a fraud during one of his shows. So Dabo clapped back at him and said Cowherd's a fraud because apparently he didn't do his homework on Clemson. He then said ask Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, and Florida State if we're a fraud. He finished it up and by telling the media to make sure that print that.

  3. #1523
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,137
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Apparently Cowherd called Clemson a fraud during one of his shows. So Dabo clapped back at him and said Cowherd's a fraud because apparently he didn't do his homework on Clemson. He then said ask Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, and Florida State if we're a fraud. He finished it up and by telling the media to make sure that print that.
    Now is that becoming of a coach?
    Since Day One

  4. #1524
    Senior Member mschmidt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,750
    Taking nothing away from Clemson but college and pro football need to do something about these pick plays.

    The other receiver basically blocked his guy into the other DB freeing up the winning TD catch on that last play.

    Should be illegal. It's not, maybe, but it should be.

  5. The following user likes this post:


  6. #1525
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,137
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Taking nothing away from Clemson but college and pro football need to do something about these pick plays.

    The other receiver basically blocked his guy into the other DB freeing up the winning TD catch on that last play.

    Should be illegal. It's not, maybe, but it should be.
    My understanding is that it I legal if it occurs on or behind the line of scrimmage and the receiver is not past the line of scrimmage. That is the pro rule and I think may be similar at the college level as well.
    Since Day One

  7. #1526
    A winning temperament Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,291
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Taking nothing away from Clemson but college and pro football need to do something about these pick plays.

    The other receiver basically blocked his guy into the other DB freeing up the winning TD catch on that last play.

    Should be illegal. It's not, maybe, but it should be.
    Clemson runs a lot of pick plays, but the last one didn't bother me. It almost looked like the DB had hands on him and almost pulled him down. That's what caused the pick, not a WR standing there setting a screen.

  8. #1527
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Clemson runs a lot of pick plays, but the last one didn't bother me. It almost looked like the DB had hands on him and almost pulled him down. That's what caused the pick, not a WR standing there setting a screen.
    It looked to me like the WR immediately ran into the DB as if he were doing drive block drills with a practice sled.

  9. The following user likes this post:


  10. #1528
    Senior Member mschmidt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,750
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    It looked to me like the WR immediately ran into the DB as if he were doing drive block drills with a practice sled.
    Agreed.

  11. #1529
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Not gonna lie, I would draft Hunter Renfrow.
    Ravi would probably have a stroke.
    #Fire Garrett

  12. #1530
    Senior Member Jiggyfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,772
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Agreed.
    Nobody ever made contact with the DB covering Renfro, so I don't see the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •