Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

~snicker~ [/RickBarnes]
Welcome to 4 hours ago.

~snicker~

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea he gets this season I'd think but he's on borrowed time unless he really shows something
Yea, unless Texas shocking turns this season into a success and wins 8 games and a bowl win, then Strong is gone.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
This WR Burbridge from Michigan St had a nasty TD catch. Making Connor Cook look good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Found our new QB prospect...

Bowling Green QB Matt Johnson

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I got my answer to the question that I asked last week as to whether the Oklahoma defense was actually good or if Tennessee's offense was mediocre.

The Sooners defense is still garbage as I figured it would be. Exactly what I expected when they decided to allow Mike Stoops to return.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I got my answer to the question that I asked last week as to whether the Oklahoma defense was actually good or if Tennessee's offense was mediocre.

The Sooners defense is still garbage as I figured it would be. Exactly what I expected when they decided to allow Mike Stoops to return.
I think you are being a little hard on the defense. Perine turnovers gave them 14 points and the debacle of the ons kick another 14.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think you are being a little hard on the defense. Perine turnovers gave them 14 points and the debacle of the ons kick another 14.
Those fumbles by the Oklahoma RBs happened deep inside Tulsa territory. Oklahoma was inside the red zone. So it's not like the fumbles set Tulsa up with short fields.

I'm not giving them a pass for allowing 80+ yard TD drives just because the RBs fumbled. That's asinine.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Those fumbles by the Oklahoma RBs happened deep inside Tulsa territory. Oklahoma was inside the red zone. So it's not like the fumbles set Tulsa up with short fields.

I'm not giving them a pass for allowing 80+ yard TD drives just because the RBs fumbled. That's asinine.
Tulsa is a strong offensive team. You can't just shut them down. The Sooner defense isn't great but they' 're not bums either. OU. Should have a 21 point lead without the turnovers and flukes. If they win I will feel okay.

Cotton

Staff member

Daaaaayum!

Cotton

Staff member
Tulsa is a strong offensive team. You can't just shut them down. The Sooner defense isn't great but they' 're not bums either. OU. Should have a 21 point lead without the turnovers and flukes. If they win I will feel okay.
Tulsa has gotten over 500 yards of offense on OU. Through 3 quarters.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yep. It's hard to stop Tulsa.
It's hard to stop Baylor too. And guess what. Baylor's coaching, WRs, and QB are far superior to Tulsa's.

So if we can't even slow down a team like Tulsa, how can you feel okay with the defense going forward?

Baylor's going to hang 50 on them easy.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The interesting thing to watch will be LSU soaring up tomorrow's Top 25 polls based on their win against that average Auburn team.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Oklahoma will probably still lose the game against Baylor but with Mayfield at QB I at least feel like we have a puncher's chance. The last 2 years we've played Baylor with basically one hand tied behind our back, thanks to the limitations of Blake Bell and Trevor Knight.

But with Mayfield I believe Oklahoma can put up 40 on Baylor but will that be enough? Right now I doubt it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's hard to stop Baylor too. And guess what. Baylor's coaching, WRs, and QB are far superior to Tulsa's.

So if we can't even slow down a team like Tulsa, how can you feel okay with the defense going forward?

Baylor's going to hang 50 on them easy.
Yep. No one stops Baylor. You just have to out score them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom