Archer: Cowboys position breakdown - RBs

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
:lol All three of those defenses are tired, down at least 20 points, on grass fields, and barely touching Randle before he's long past the line.

I know you all want him to be this great gem we've got hidden, but he's not very good and wears out too fast vs top competition.

Like I said, his best play was vs the Seahawks because it was a 1st quarter run against a top notch defense on the road on turf where the speed difference goes very much against Randle.

But after that impressive play he pulled a T-Ham vanishing act.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Come on man...you don't like Randle and look for any way to lessen his impact. The Seahawks stuff is just bullshit. He had one big run, then had 4 other carries for 14 yards...less that 4 per carry, sure, but not a disappearing act either.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Randle has value as a RB on anyone's team.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I love it, Randle can only run on grass fields.
Yeah I'm sure I said this. If you think the surface doesn't make a difference at all, you're wrong.

Randle has value as a RB on anyone's team.
Not as a starter and maybe not even as a #2 if he can't block.

So if Randle is so good, why are we even talking about a free agent or a draft pick? We're set. :lol

Yeah Joseph Randle is a truly elusive home run threat with dominant breakaway speed-- as these three plays so perfectly prove. He got no help at all on either play, and I think the coaches were fricking stupid for having played Murray at all.

I can't wait to draft Randle in the first round in my next fantasy draft.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Love the Randle crap in this thread.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I really don't care what happens with him.

I don't think Randle is this super talented guy nor do I think he could constantly produce as a full time starter, but the guy has played very well for us in the role that he's been given.

He's shown vision, acceleration, power and elusiveness at various times. So you can sit there and blame it on this or that, but don't say the guy was worthless or just flat out sucked because that's simply not true. He produced for us and he did exactly what you want a backup RB to do.

With that said, I don't think that type of production is too hard to duplicate with someone else, but at the same time, it's not like anyone could do it either.

Still, it probably doesn't matter either way since the guy is very likely to get cut.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

Love the Randle crap in this thread.
There are two distinct circumstances here. Randle as a personal character risk and Randle as an athletic performer. He clearly is morally dficient and as such a bad risk as an employee. As a physical performer he is capable of fulfilling a back up RB role. From a decision standpoint since you cannot separate an individual then he becomes a bad risk as an employee and should have no place on the team.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There are two distinct circumstances here. Randle as a personal character risk and Randle as an athletic performer. He clearly is morally dficient and as such a bad risk as an employee. As a physical performer he is capable of fulfilling a back up RB role. From a decision standpoint since you cannot separate an individual then he becomes a bad risk as an employee and should have no place on the team.
Part of the problem, you have a serious issue understanding what performance is.

Even if he were completely clean off the field, what he did this past season is hardly top shelf performance that is must have.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apparently I am not alone. You seem to be the lone voice of disent.
That's fine. A bunch of people defended Quincy Carter for years. One no talent retard for another.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That logic is flak. Carter has nothing to do with Randle.
They were both big time retards that had clear and distinct examples of ignorance, yet fans were still defending them even when the writing was clearly on the wall.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Apparently I am not alone. You seem to be the lone voice of disent.
When his biggest promoters are saying his upside is 1200-1300 yards behind arguably the leagues best oline that in itself tells he isn't worth the trouble, he's as prime an asthma field candidate as there ever was.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When his biggest promoters are saying his upside is 1200-1300 yards behind arguably the leagues best oline that in itself tells he isn't worth the trouble, he's as prime an asthma field candidate as there ever was.
I have already taken that position myself. I was pointing out that his failing is with his character not necessarily with his athletic ability.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In addition I am only viewinghim as a back up role.

Top Bottom