Veteran backs who could be available in cuts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Juwan Thompson.

I'd give Khiry Robinson a shot honestly.
I can't see why the Saints would make Robinson available.

I have my eyes on Buffalo's stable of backs. Very deep.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I can't see why the Saints would make Robinson available.

I have my eyes on Buffalo's stable of backs. Very deep.
Yeah me too, but Brown is the only guy who might be available that I know about unless Jackson is a surprise cut.

Is Brown still a fumbler?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah me too, but Brown is the only guy who might be available that I know about unless Jackson is a surprise cut.

Is Brown still a fumbler?
Brown is just a dumb shit.

If they let Fred Jackson go, I might be inclined to grab him.

This is a mentally weak RB corps. I shudder to think how their film sessions go.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
What would you pay for Giovani Bernard?
they will never be open to trading him but I would give up a 3rd. He's a good player but not sure if he's stout enough to take the load of carries.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really liked Tre Mason coming out last year, perhaps we get a little frisky in terms of a trade after seeing him practice against us this week.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I really liked Tre Mason coming out last year, perhaps we get a little frisky in terms of a trade after seeing him practice against us this week.
I'd love us to go get Mason but don't see the Rams moving him since they'll need him to start until Gurley gets healthy

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd love us to go get Mason but don't see the Rams moving him since they'll need him to start until Gurley gets healthy
I agree somewhat. Gurley is not going to be healthy for a while. If they trade Mason, they are left with Benny Cunningham as the starter.

Now, there is a bit of intrigue now that that Rams have lost starting CB E.J. Gaines for the season with a foot injury. They will need another CB as Trumaine Johnson is not exactly what you want in a starter.

Hmmm, Claiborne for Mason? I'd do it. Rams might if Gurley were healthy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree somewhat. Gurley is not going to be healthy for a while. If they trade Mason, they are left with Benny Cunningham as the starter.

Now, there is a bit of intrigue now that that Rams have lost starting CB E.J. Gaines for the season with a foot injury. They will need another CB as Trumaine Johnson is not exactly what you want in a starter.

Hmmm, Claiborne for Mason? I'd do it. Rams might if Gurley were healthy.
I'd trade Carr, Claiborne, Patmon or White for Mason, whatever they want to do.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd trade Carr, Claiborne, Patmon or White for Mason, whatever they want to do.
Yeah I really like Mason. If we are going to acquire a RB that's the type of guy I want to get. A young guy with all the tread still left on his tires who really did absolutely nothing wrong so far in his career. He was just unlucky enough to have the team draft a RB highly in this past draft.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I said it when we let Murray go. If the Cowboys are going to compete in 2015 they needed to get it right at RB.

They blew it in the draft. They took an oft-injured tackle in the third round and lo and behold, he will be fortunate to not land on IR.

They need to admit they were fucking dead wrong about the guys they had and decide if they are going to do something about it now or just wallow in their own mistake.

Adding another underachieving twit is not going to change that.
Which RB should they have taken and at which pick?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ajayi has been hurt all camp so we'd be in the same boat with him.

Haven't followed the preseason of those other guys but Wilson looks like he might be a legit player.

No one likes the Green pick right now and he may bust but I dunno if we will ever look back at those players as what cost us a Super Bowl.

I think the bigger issue is that we should trade for a back if we think that's what we are lacking.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Langford or Allen at 91 instead of Chaz Green.
Ajayi or Cobb at 127 instead of Wilson.
I disagree about Wilson. I think he is going to be a pretty important start in this defense at some point. Possibly even as a rookie.

Chaz is hard to defend right now. The only thing I can say is that I wasn't that high on Allen or Langford.

Top Bottom