NFL Coach/GM Chatter

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=1]Report: Bob Bicknell possible candidate for offensive coordinator role with 49ers[/h] Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 28, 2015, 1:52 AM EST

An Eagles assistant coach is reportedly on San Francisco’s radar as it tries to fill its offensive coordinator vacancy.

Eagles wide receivers coach Bob Bicknell has been “discussed” as a potential candidate for the 49ers’ coordinator role, Albert Breer of NFL Media reports.

The 45-year-old Bicknell has been the Eagles’ receivers coach the last two seasons. Previously, he was an assistant with Buffalo (2010-2012) and Kansas City (2007-2009).
Bicknell has five seasons of experience as an offensive coordinator, with all of it coming in NFL Europe from 2001 through 2005.

Colts assistant Rob Chudzinski, expected to be a candidate for San Francisco’s offensive coordinator position, has elected to stay with Indianapolis, which named him associate head coach.

The 49ers and Rams are the only clubs with offensive coordinator vacancies.
----------------

At first, I wanted Kiffin's kid to complete the fail, but I think this looks even better.

Do eet, Jed.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If I was the 49ers I'd hire Scott Frost. I think the Kelly offense could hide some of Kaepernick's shortcomings.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000464926/article/49ers-expected-to-hire-geep-chryst-as-offensive-coordinator?campaign=Twitter_atn

New San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Tomsula does not have an offensive background, so we've been very curious to see who he taps as offensive coordinator. On Wednesday, we found out.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that Geep Chryst is expected to take over the job, according to one Niners source and one apprised of the process. Chryst, like Tomsula, is taking a big jump from position coach. Chryst has been the team's quarterbacks coach for the last four years.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Ware reunited with SOB

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000464926/article/49ers-expected-to-hire-geep-chryst-as-offensive-coordinator?campaign=Twitter_atn

New San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Tomsula does not have an offensive background, so we've been very curious to see who he taps as offensive coordinator. On Wednesday, we found out.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that Geep Chryst is expected to take over the job, according to one Niners source and one apprised of the process. Chryst, like Tomsula, is taking a big jump from position coach. Chryst has been the team's quarterbacks coach for the last four years.
So the guy who has failed to get Kaepernick to make the jump up has been given a promotion. Seems legit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Ware reunited with SOB
Two guys who are known to finish slow can now end their careers together.

How poetic.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
If I was the 49ers I'd hire Scott Frost. I think the Kelly offense could hide some of Kaepernick's shortcomings.
I think Frost is in line to get a good college job soon. He was a serious candidate for Nebraska and expect him to take either a fairly large mid major or low end big conference school job, then eventually become the Nebraska coach.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

No talent guy worth his salt would take that empty suit job.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wonder what the Broncos are going to run next year? 4-3 or 3-4?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wonder what the Broncos are going to run next year? 4-3 or 3-4?
I bet they move to a 3-4. I don't think you hire Fat Wade unless that's your plan and their personnel fits.

Miller and Ware would be a good 1-2 punch on the outside and Knighton, Williams, and Wolfe would make a decent starting front 3. Trevathan/Marshall/Johnson might be ok in the middle, but they could stand to add a LB.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Amazes me that Dick Lebeau and Vic Fangio were available and someone gave Fat Wade a job instead.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Amazes me that Dick Lebeau and Vic Fangio were available and someone gave Fat Wade a job instead.
Coaches follow each other around in tow.

It is cliquish and rarely do you see free agent assistants start over new where they don't "know" the head coach. Sometimes it happens (Rob Ryan here) and doesn't always gel.

Fat Wade was shut out last year because his buddies were not in positions to make coordinator decisions.

I bet when Kubiak got the job he was all like:

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Chargers added some experience to their coaching staff, landing former Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan to coach their linebackers.

He replaces Joe Barry, who left to become Washington’s defensive coordinator.

“Mike is a tremendous coach with a wealth of experience and he’ll be a great addition to our coaching staff,” head coach Mike McCoy. “I’ve known him for many years having coached both with him and against him and it’s great to have him here with us with the Chargers.”

Nolan has 28 years of coaching experience, with 17 in the NFL and a largely unfortunate stint as the head coach of the 49ers.

He was the defensive coordinator in Denver in 2009, when McCoy was the Broncos offensive coordinator.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom