Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty sure they do otherwise the player in question could just "give" family members all kinds of stuff to sell
I think the player still has to be tied to it in some capacity. If the player has no knowledge of what is going on I'm not sure how you can punish them.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The College Game Day crew really pissed me off this morning with their nonsensical segment on the Big 12's alleged "weak" non-conference scheduling.

They spent about 5 minutes bashing the conference for not scheduling tough non-conference opponents and basically slamming them for their lack of defense.

As far as OOC scheduling is concerned:

Oklahoma played Tennessee
Texas played Cal and Notre Dame
Texas Tech played Arkansas
Iowa Stated played Iowa
TCU played Minnesota

Aside from Baylor, pretty much all of the relevant teams in the conference play schools from Power 5 conferences damn near every year.

Okie State had someone back out on them so they didn't have one of the bigger schools on the schedule but in the past they've played teams like Miss. State and Florida State. They have Pitt, Boise St., and Oregon State going forward.

So I laugh at this made up narrative that the SEC's mouthpiece is trying to push in order to justify keeping Big 12 teams out of the playoffs again.

And as far as the bad defense is concerned, the defenses aren't that strong, I'll give them that but I seem to remember "great" SEC defenses being lit up on a weekly basis when there were actually good spread QBs in the conferences. This has been a down year for QBs in the SEC so of course the defenses are going to stand out. Put TCU, Baylor, and Oklahoma in the SEC and I guarantee they're hitting close to 40 points a week.

And lets not forget these big bad SEC defenses got lit up during the bowl season. TCU smoked Ole Miss....Georgia Tech smoked Miss St.....Ohio State smoked Alabama's defense.....Wisconsin smoked Auburn. I want to say all of those team put up well over 200 yards rushing on those mighty SEC defenses as well.

But yeah....SEC defense are teh super awesome and stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The College Game Day crew really pissed me off this morning with their nonsensical segment on the Big 12's alleged "weak" non-conference scheduling.

They spent about 5 minutes bashing the conference for not scheduling tough non-conference opponents and basically slamming them for their lack of defense.

As far as OOC scheduling is concerned:

Oklahoma played Tennessee
Texas played Cal and Notre Dame
Texas Tech played Arkansas
Iowa Stated played Iowa
TCU played Minnesota

Aside from Baylor, pretty much all of the relevant teams in the conference play schools from Power 5 conferences damn near every year.

Okie State had someone back out on them so they didn't have one of the bigger schools on the schedule but in the past they've played teams like Miss. State and Florida State. They have Pitt, Boise St., and Oregon State going forward.

So I laugh at this made up narrative that the SEC's mouthpiece is trying to push in order to justify keeping Big 12 teams out of the playoffs again.

And as far as the bad defense is concerned, the defenses aren't that strong, I'll give them that but I seem to remember "great" SEC defenses being lit up on a weekly basis when there were actually good spread QBs in the conferences. This has been a down year for QBs in the SEC so of course the defenses are going to stand out. Put TCU, Baylor, and Oklahoma in the SEC and I guarantee they're hitting close to 40 points a week.

And lets not forget these big bad SEC defenses got lit up during the bowl season. TCU smoked Ole Miss....Georgia Tech smoked Miss St.....Ohio State smoked Alabama's defense.....Wisconsin smoked Auburn. I want to say all of those team put up well over 200 yards rushing on those mighty SEC defenses as well.

But yeah....SEC defense are teh super awesome and stuff.
And look at some of the weak sister opponents the SEC teams scheduled for non conference games. I have witnessed this SEC pimping for years but now it is more than obvious with Bama losing this year. What is their punishment? Put them in the top 4 and all the pundits justifying it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And look at some of the weak sister opponents the SEC teams scheduled for non conference games. I have witnessed this SEC pimping for years but now it is more than obvious with Bama losing this year. What is their punishment? Put them in the top 4 and all the pundits justifying it.
Everyone plays some cupcakes out of conference. And most of them also play some big conference teams. The SEC doesn't schedule any tougher out of conference schedule then any other conference. The Big 12 top teams right now might be overrated but we don't really know that yet. I know some of the SEC teams that are clearly getting overrated.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Everyone plays some cupcakes out of conference. And most of them also play some big conference teams. The SEC doesn't schedule any tougher out of conference schedule then any other conference. The Big 12 top teams right now might be overrated but we don't really know that yet. I know some of the SEC teams that are clearly getting overrated.
Take a gander at the non conference games for Bama and LSU and tell me that they aren't just as guilty as everyone in padding their schedule. Next tell me that the lower tier teams in their conference aren't just a weak as any other conference bottom feeders. I would pit Iowa State and KSU against their lower tier group and I believe they would fair well.

D

Deuce

It wouldn't be a Saturday without the same group of whiners complaining about SEC bias.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Take a gander at the non conference games for Bama and LSU and tell me that they aren't just as guilty as everyone in padding their schedule. Next tell me that the lower tier teams in their conference aren't just a weak as any other conference bottom feeders. I would pit Iowa State and KSU against their lower tier group and I believe they would fair well.
It's funny hearing SEC fans talking about Georgia or Tennessee as some type of a quality win. Those aren't good teams. Just because they were ranked highly to start the season in no way makes them good teams or quality wins.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It wouldn't be a Saturday without the same group of whiners complaining about SEC bias.
Yeah and the same pretenders believing the SEC is automatically better just for because they are supposed to be there.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Please excuse me for pointing out the completely ridiculous ramblings of ESPN's Game Day crew. Next time I'll just sit quietly and listen as they spew ridiculous lies about the Big 12.

D

Deuce

Please excuse me for pointing out the completely ridiculous ramblings of ESPN's Game Day crew. Next time I'll just sit quietly and listen as they spew ridiculous lies about the Big 12.
ESPN is biased. Everyone knows it. Doesn't have to be brought up every. single. week.

Also, what they said isn't all that inaccurate. The Big 12 is one of the weaker P5 conferences and one of their current powerhouses (Baylor) will have 1 quality win if they run the table, and that's TCU. Not exactly much to hang your hat on when it comes to showing off for the playoff committee.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I keep watching this Florida game simply because Vandy is beating them. It's like watching pain dry though. They both just look so bad.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
ESPN is biased. Everyone knows it. Doesn't have to be brought up every. single. week.

Also, what they said isn't all that inaccurate. The Big 12 is one of the weaker P5 conferences and one of their current powerhouses (Baylor) will have 1 quality win if they run the table, and that's TCU. Not exactly much to hang your hat on when it comes to showing off for the playoff committee.
But that's BS because the implication is there is only 2 good teams in the entire conference. Pure self serving BS.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Texas Tech is having a bad day. The QB is way off his game. It appears he is trying to do too much and is in mental overload.

D

Deuce

But that's BS because the implication is there is only 2 good teams in the entire conference. Pure self serving BS.
Who else is good?

Am I supposed to be impressed with Ok St with their cake schedule so far (which includes giving up over 50 to TT)?

Am I supposed to be impressed by OU with beating their cupcakes (including an obviously overrated Tennessee team that you already mentioned) and losing to a horrid UT team?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Who else is good?

Am I supposed to be impressed with Ok St with their cake schedule so far (which includes giving up over 50 to TT)?

Am I supposed to be impressed by OU with beating their cupcakes (including an obviously overrated Tennessee team that you already mentioned) and losing to a horrid UT team?
That wasn't me that said that.

1bigfan13

Staff member

:lol

So wins over top 15 teams Oklahoma and OSU don't count as quality wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom