NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

Well Khloe did halt the divorce proceedings after Odom's overdose.
Because this is a family friendly site, I'll refrain from typing out what I think he should do. :art

I'll just leave this here:

Jiggyfly

Banned
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] I know the Rockets are being manhandled night in and night out but you can still talk basketball with us. :art

Rockets vs. Thunder tonight.

I've got Thunder winning by 10.
I have nothing to say, I have no idea what is going on it looks like the team has never played together.

Harden has never looked this bad the curse of the Kardashians is real.:lol

How the hell do lose by 20 when up by 21 points.:picard

I see another 20 point loss tonight.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Because this is a family friendly site, I'll refrain from typing out what I think he should do. :art

I'll just leave this here:

He needs to reverse it......BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Okafor is pretty good. Just caught bits and pieces of the game, but he has a very polished low post game. I want to see his rebound numbers go up, but that will come.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Rockets finally got it together last night. We lost the game in the 3rd qtr because we couldn't take care of the ball and Westbrook picked up a couple of quick fouls and had sit most of the qtr.

I hate losing to the Rockets because Patrick Beverley is such a pissant who tries too hard to be relevant.

As soon as Beverley checked into the game, it was funny watching him immediately start agitating Westbrook. Westbrook worked him over for most of the game so I'll take that small victory.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Warriors look like they are on a mission. They absolutely destroyed Memphis last night. 116-69. Wow.

Memphis , like the Rockets, are a good team that's looked shaky out of the gates.

At this point, Golden State is clearly the best team in the league.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Rockets finally got it together last night. We lost the game in the 3rd qtr because we couldn't take care of the ball and Westbrook picked up a couple of quick fouls and had sit most of the qtr.

I hate losing to the Rockets because Patrick Beverley is such a pissant who tries too hard to be relevant.

As soon as Beverley checked into the game, it was funny watching him immediately start agitating Westbrook. Westbrook worked him over for most of the game so I'll take that small victory.
Thanks for the get well game.

That game just shows how much this team is still dependent on Harden, if he is not going they struggle to score.

It was good to see Lawson be assertive down the stretch, I think he was being to passive in the other games trying to fit in.

I was just happy to see that scrappy team back, that is the real reason they did so well last year.

OKC will be very dangerous this year but they have been giving up a lot of points.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Warriors look like they are on a mission. They absolutely destroyed Memphis last night. 116-69. Wow.

Memphis , like the Rockets, are a good team that's looked shaky out of the gates.

At this point, Golden State is clearly the best team in the league.
This is true but it's possible that Golden State will peak too early, there is no way they can maintain this level of play and energy for the next 7-8 months. This feels like the energy and emotion from winning it all last season is carrying them right now, and that will fade.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's still very early in the year but I must admit I'm very disappointed in what I've seen from Billy Donovan so far. I understand that OKC's 3 game losing streak came at the hands of 3 teams that will likely finish with over 50 wins (CHI, TOR, & HOU) but that still doesn't excuse his horrid rotations that are costing us night in and night out.

It's as if Scott Brooks is still the head coach. We still insist on playing a SG who has very limited offensive skills and Donovan has also, for some odd reason, taken a liking to Kyle Singler who's been horrid on both ends of the floor.

So instead of having a proven sharpshooter in Anthony Morrow on the floor, he's chosen to roll with Singler who's literally shooting about 15% on the year. Meanwhile Morrow is knocking down threes at about a 40% clip yet Singler is getting his minutes. WHAT. THE. FUCK!

As I mentioned it's not as if Singler is killing it on defense, because he's not. As soon as he checks into a game the guy he's guarding immediately starts feasting on OKC.

I hope the local reporters press Donovan on his rotations because I really would like to hear the logic behind these decisions. Because his decisions with his second unit are what's killing us.

Other than that, the only thing about Donovan that I've been impressed with so far is that the plays that he draws up coming out of timeouts are 10 times better than Brooks'. It feels like OKC scores on about 80% of possessions coming out of timeouts.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's still very early in the year but I must admit I'm very disappointed in what I've seen from Billy Donovan so far. I understand that OKC's 3 game losing streak came at the hands of 3 teams that will likely finish with over 50 wins (CHI, TOR, & HOU) but that still doesn't excuse his horrid rotations that are costing us night in and night out.

It's as if Scott Brooks is still the head coach. We still insist on playing a SG who has very limited offensive skills and Donovan has also, for some odd reason, taken a liking to Kyle Singler who's been horrid on both ends of the floor.

So instead of having a proven sharpshooter in Anthony Morrow on the floor, he's chosen to roll with Singler who's literally shooting about 15% on the year. Meanwhile Morrow is knocking down threes at about a 40% clip yet Singler is getting his minutes. WHAT. THE. FUCK!

As I mentioned it's not as if Singler is killing it on defense, because he's not. As soon as he checks into a game the guy he's guarding immediately starts feasting on OKC.

I hope the local reporters press Donovan on his rotations because I really would like to hear the logic behind these decisions. Because his decisions with his second unit are what's killing us.

Other than that, the only thing about Donovan that I've been impressed with so far is that the plays that he draws up coming out of timeouts are 10 times better than Brooks'. It feels like OKC scores on about 80% of possessions coming out of timeouts.
This is just a odd year so far , Houston losing by 20 in 3 straight games, Chicago giving up 130 to Charlotte, Memphis losig by 50 to G.S.

I think things will settle down after the 1st twenty games and then you can get an understanding of what the teams really are.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Looks like Harden is back on track but the offense is still not as smooth as I thought it would be by adding Lawson, to much ISO in late game situations.

Capella looks like the real deal it will be interesting to see what his ceiling is.

Thornton has been a reat pickup he is the second leading scorer at the vet minimum he is that secondary scorer who can get his own shot that we have really needed.

Looks like that 0-3 start will not kill us other than G.S. evrybody else in the west has stumbled a bit.

1bigfan13

Staff member
A sneaky good game to watch tonight will be Golden St. vs. Detroit.

Andre Drummond has turned into a beast. I'd argue that he's the best big man in the game.

Jiggyfly

Banned
A sneaky good game to watch tonight will be Golden St. vs. Detroit.

Andre Drummond has turned into a beast. I'd argue that he's the best big man in the game.
If he keeps up at this pace he is.

I am interested to see how G.S. does having to go against a physical big like Drummond.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Suck it, DeAndre!!

:flip
I love the comment that Chandler Parsons dropped on him.

Parsons: DeAndre isn't our priority, and from the looks of their team he's not the Clippers priority either.

It was so awesome because the main reason that Jordan was looking to leave the Clippers was because he wanted to be more of a focal point on offense. He wanted to do more than just get his points off the occasional lob or offensive board. I don't know if the Clippers promised him things would be different going forward, but what I do know is we are two weeks into the season and his role with the Clippers remains the same. He's still an afterthought in their offense. They've basically told him, "get yours off the glass, bro".

Also, F' Jeff Van Gundy for his comment about Hardy & Jordan.

JVG said it was absurd that Dallas fans are booing a good guy like Jordan but are cheering for a guy like Greg Hardy.

Never mind the fact that fans from every city/team do the exact same thing.

Again, using the Steelers as an example. Steeler fans were up in arms when it was announced that Vick was going to sign with Pitt. Yet those same fans happily cheer for Roethlisberger the sexual predator.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I love the comment that Chandler Parsons dropped on him.

Parsons: DeAndre isn't our priority, and from the looks of their team he's not the Clippers priority either.

It was so awesome because the main reason that Jordan was looking to leave the Clippers was because he wanted to be more of a focal point on offense. He wanted to do more than just get his points off the occasional lob or offensive board. I don't know if the Clippers promised him things would be different going forward, but what I do know is we are two weeks into the season and his role with the Clippers remains the same. He's still an afterthought in their offense. They've basically told him, "get yours off the glass, bro".

Also, F' Jeff Van Gundy for his comment about Hardy & Jordan.

JVG said it was absurd that Dallas fans are booing a good guy like Jordan but are cheering for a guy like Greg Hardy.

Never mind the fact that fans from every city/team do the exact same thing.

Again, using the Steelers as an example. Steeler fans were up in arms when it was announced that Vick was going to sign with Pitt. Yet those same fans happily cheer for Roethlisberger the sexual predator.
I see Parsons is still as douchey as ever and that coming from one of the most overpayed player in the NBA.

I mean really would Jordan have been doing the exact same thing in Dallas does anybody really think they would have been drawing up plays for him?

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think they'd include him more into the offense in Dallas.

Dallas doesn't have nearly as many offensive options as the Clippers. Jordan could have been their 3rd scoring option.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jordan would've definitely been more of an offensive focal point in Dallas than on the Clippers.

The Clippers have two top 15-20 players in CP3 and Griffin, the Mavs have 37 year old Dirk on a minute restriction, Parsons and uhh..Wesley Matthews?

Top Bottom