Werder: Romo out for season

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
My bigger concern is him having only 4 sacks this year.
I really don't get the defense of Dallas or what they are trying to accomplish. Marinelli' s system is just beyond my understanding. Dallas gets pass rushers and the defense still can't seem to get to the QB. The line stops the run most of the time but then they give up the 3rd and long. Can't get to the QB. They can shut down the perimeter on the rushing game but will give up long runs by taking the first move and a direction change will leave then chasing the running back and having to get them from behind. There just doesn't seem to be any consistency to their system. They run around a lot chasing the targets. I thought the approach was to shut down the run then have then opponent in a 3rd and long for the pass rushers to shut down the QB. That isn't being done so is it the players or the coach that need s to be fixed? I don't get it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I really don't get the defense of Dallas or what they are trying to accomplish. Marinelli' s system is just beyond my understanding. Dallas gets pass rushers and the defense still can't seem to get to the QB. The line stops the run most of the time but then they give up the 3rd and long. Can't get to the QB. They can shut down the perimeter on the rushing game but will give up long runs by taking the first move and a direction change will leave then chasing the running back and having to get them from behind. There just doesn't seem to be any consistency to their system. They run around a lot chasing the targets. I thought the approach was to shut down the run then have then opponent in a 3rd and long for the pass rushers to shut down the QB. That isn't being done so is it the players or the coach that need s to be fixed? I don't get it.
I think you can scheme to stop this "waves of 'rushmen' with no blitzes and no scheming to get pressure" tactic. It's just like our offense, you have to completely overwhelm the other team with 1999-2002 Tampa Bay level talent to have any success.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN confirms Romo has a hairline fracture in his collarbone.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My bigger concern is him having only 4 sacks this year.
It's a valid concern but I'm willing to overlook it due to the fact that he put up over 20 sacks as a true freshman/sophomore and is still on pace for about 20 TFL. All of this while facing constant double teams, and we all know that sack numbers aren't always indicative of the pressure a player is getting.

Cotton

Staff member
Tony Romo’s season is over, Jerry Jones confirms

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Tony Romo won’t play for the Dallas Cowboys again this season.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed that Romo’s season is finished after the starting quarterback sustained a hairline fracture in his left collarbone on the last play of the third quarter in a 33-14 loss to the Carolina Panthers on Thursday.

Jones, during a radio interview on 105.3 The Fan, said Romo will not have to undergo surgery but would not return this season. Romo underwent a CT scan Friday morning confirmed the diagnosis.

It’s in the same area of Romo’s previous break that sidelined him for seven games earlier this season. The Cowboys went 0-7 without Romo.

Romo had the same injury in 2010, as well.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Tony Romo’s season is over, Jerry Jones confirms

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Tony Romo won’t play for the Dallas Cowboys again this season.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed that Romo’s season is finished after the starting quarterback sustained a hairline fracture in his left collarbone on the last play of the third quarter in a 33-14 loss to the Carolina Panthers on Thursday.

Jones, during a radio interview on 105.3 The Fan, said Romo will not have to undergo surgery but would not return this season. Romo underwent a CT scan Friday morning confirmed the diagnosis.

It’s in the same area of Romo’s previous break that sidelined him for seven games earlier this season. The Cowboys went 0-7 without Romo.

Romo had the same injury in 2010, as well.
Does anyone recall whether the 2010 injury was the same side? In other words, is this
the third break to this one clavicle? if so, just how many times can you endure this without
doing something permanent? And I assume with each successive break the likelihood of recurrence
just goes up.

Cotton

Staff member
Does anyone recall whether the 2010 injury was the same side? In other words, is this
the third break to this one clavicle? if so, just how many times can you endure this without
doing something permanent? And I assume with each successive break the likelihood of recurrence
just goes up.
Yes, it was the left one in 2010 as well.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I swear to god his is going to happen. Teh Jerrah can't fucking resist.
I hope Stephen threatens his deddy again if it does. But maybe the threat of being dispwned will make him reconsider.

data

Forbes #1
Time to go bionic on that shoulder with a adamantium replacement.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Not only is Romo's season over, I believe we just witnessed the end of the Romo era more or less.

Sure, he might be the QB for a couple of more years, but I think he will not be near the QB he once was.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not only is Romo's season over, I believe we just witnessed the end of the Romo era more or less.

Sure, he might be the QB for a couple of more years, but I think he will not be near the QB he once was.
this will be painful to endure. a slow painful descent into QB hell. Horrible legacy for a very good player.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You guys need to stop acting like such little bitches, we got ourselves a gift here, the likely opportunity to draft and mold a top 5 QB prospect for a year or two behind a veteran with a roster that is still generally in tact.

Now, if we draft Jalen Ramsey and pass up a QB, bombs away, and anybody who suggests that its a good idea should be banned.

Despite this season turning to shit the front office has generally made sober, logical decisions the last 2 offseasons. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Despite this season turning to shit the front office has generally made sober, logical decisions the last 2 offseasons. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
Yep, if we pass on a QB this draft then I can understand freaking out a bit. We really are in a great position to do it. I just hope we also bring in a coaching staff that is capable of molding a young QB.

So, time to start studying the QBs in this draft.

Top Bottom