SportsDayDFW.com: Charles Haley expects more from Cowboys pupil Randy Gregory

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Former Cowboy and Hall of Famer Charles Haley joined Shan and RJ on KRLD-FM 105.3. Here are some highlights.

Is the criticism of Jason Garrett this season fair, considering all the injuries and that he didn't have a quarterback?

Charles Haley: Yes. From all the coaches I ever played with, it doesn't matter who goes down, the next guy gotta step in, take his place and be just the same, effective. You cannot limit the quarterback on what he can do out on the field, especially when you have a quarterback that started for different teams for four or five years. And then the defense, it doesn't matter whether it's one point, three points or a 1,000 points. They cannot let a team come back and win.

How does Randy Gregory deal with the advice?

Charles Haley: I'm pretty hard on him. I expect a lot more from him. He has so many skills. I don't see it on the film. I don't know what he's doing, what he's thinking. I rip him a new butt every week. I know he loves me; I know he respects what I say. My expectation for him is big and I'm gonna make sure he lives up to it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Charles Haley: I'm pretty hard on him. I expect a lot more from him. He has so many skills. I don't see it on the film. I don't know what he's doing, what he's thinking. I rip him a new butt every week. I know he loves me; I know he respects what I say. My expectation for him is big and I'm gonna make sure he lives up to it.

Sounds good to me.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Sounds good to me.
The reason I posted this is I really haven't seen him on the field. I know those high ankle sprains can be rough, especially for speed rushers. Still, he has disappeared. Did anyone notice him on the field Sunday?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The reason I posted this is I really haven't seen him on the field. I know those high ankle sprains can be rough, especially for speed rushers. Still, he has disappeared. Did anyone notice him on the field Sunday?
He played a few downs on D. Had a ST tackle too. He is probably doing to be about the same for the rest of the year. High ankles are weird.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
We all know the high ankle sucks, badly.

I'll give him a pass. Maybe he'll be close to 100% if we make the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I saw him push an OT into the QB yesterday. It was the most I have seen out of him since the injury. He is coming along, albeit slowly.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
It seemed like he was on the field quite a bit against the Dolphins but didn't make much of an impact.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hopefully he benefits from the 10 days between games after Thursday.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Gregory needs to get his pro legs under him. He has the skills and speed but lacks the strength and stamina.

He's like Almost Anthony right now, minus the power. Decent first game, then vanishola.

Top Bottom