PFT: League likely will be saying more about ball controversy this morning

Thorn

Brand New Member
This has to be distracting. I feel like various members of the Pats organization have had press conference after press conference all week about this shit.

D

Deuce

@KNegandhiESPN: "What he said didn't make any sense." - Bill Nye the Science Guy on GMA today weighing in on Bill Belichick's air pressure presser.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
@KNegandhiESPN: "What he said didn't make any sense." - Bill Nye the Science Guy on GMA today weighing in on Bill Belichick's air pressure presser.
Yeah his "scientific" explanation was one of the worst bullshit made up things I have ever heard.

data

Forbes #1
In light of this, I'm officially stripping the title of 'America's Team' away from the Patriots.

data

Forbes #1
I wonder if the NFL is loving the publicity this is driving for interest and super bowl ratings. Hell, they may be behind it.

What other angle has been pushed? the Carroll-was-last-coach-before-Belichick-krafts-revenge is weak.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wonder if the NFL is loving the publicity this is driving for interest and super bowl ratings. Hell, they may be behind it.

What other angle has been pushed? the Carroll-was-last-coach-before-Belichick-krafts-revenge is weak.
I find myself a bit turned off by this Super Bowl and this does not help. These are two very unlikeable teams.

dallen

Senior Tech

Well it certainly keeps people from focusing on Peterson, Rice, the horrible officiating in the playoffs, and Roger Goodell's general incompetance.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest

dallen

Senior Tech
JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest
The King in Yellow reveals himself

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The lowly scapegoat offered up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whoa...never saw the lackey ball boy taking the fall. Never. Ever.

Whotta joke.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kraft: Apology owed if no findings

Kraft: 'Pats Have Done Nothing Inappropriate'

ESPN Patriots reporter Mike Reiss breaks down team owner Robert Kraft's comments about "Deflategate."

PHOENIX -- Patriots owner Robert Kraft made a surprise appearance at the team's opening news conference of Super Bowl XLIV on Monday, saying the NFL owed them an apology if its investigation over deflated footballs doesn't uncover wrongdoing.

"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitively determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure on the footballs, I would expect and hope that the league would apologize to our entire team, and in particular, coach [Bill] Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure this past week," Kraft said, referring to attorney Ted Wells, who is leading the investigation with NFL executive vice president Jeff Pash.

Wells previously conducted the league's probe into the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal.

Patriots Deflation Controversy

Get everything you need to know (updates, commentary, video) about the controversy. Complete coverage »

Kraft, who did not take questions from reporters, fired back at how the story has generated momentum over the last week, saying in the prepared remarks he was "confident that this investigation will uncover whatever the facts were that took place last Sunday and the science of how game balls to react to changes in the environment."

"This would be in direct contrast to the public discourse which has been driven by media leaks as opposed to actual data and facts," said Kraft, one of the NFL's most influential owners. "Because of this, many jumped to conclusions and made strong accusations against our coach, quarterback and staff, questioning the integrity of all involved. ...

"I am disappointed in the way this entire matter has been handled and reported upon. We expect hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to draw a conclusion of this investigation."

Kraft also offered a decisive show of public support for Belichick and Brady.

"I want to make it clear that I believe unconditionally that the New England Patriots have done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of NFL rules," Kraft said.

"Tom, Bill and I have been together for 15 years. They are my guys. They are part of my family. And Bill, Tom and I have had many difficult discussions over the years, and I have never known them to lie to me. That is why I am confident in saying what I just said, and it bothers me greatly that their reputations and integrity, and by association that of our team, has been called into question this past week."

_________________________________________________________________________________

They seriously take everyone for idiots. Apology? Myself along with everyone else should hope the NFL lops the Patriots nuts off over this shit. Just such arrogant pricks about their own cheating.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Patriots Ball Attendant Just Using the Bathroom

SB Nation

Richard Hill

7 hrs ago

First off, let me start by saying, "AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA."

The Jay Glazer report from earlier stated that the "NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant [with the] Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging [sic] if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest."

It was poorly phrased and was laden with heavy words and implications of pending guilt.

Pro Football Talk has more to add on the subject:

First, per a league source, the other "area on way to field" is a bathroom. The bathroom consists of one toilet and one sink and a door that locks from the inside.

Second, according to the same source, the person carried two bags of balls into the bathroom: the 12 balls to be used by the Patriots and the 12 balls to be used by the Colts.

Third, from the same source, the evidence comes from a surveillance video that was discovered by the Patriots and given to the NFL early in the investigation.

Fourth, again from the same source, the video shows the employee in the bathroom for approximately 90 seconds.

So this video was actually of the Patriots staffer going to the bathroom for 90 seconds- clearly not enough time to perfectly deflate 12 footballs- and the footage was submitted by the Patriots themselves.

The whole argument is grasping as straws at this point. Now it's just funny.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The cloak and dagger nature of all this shit is so effing funny.

"Person of Interest".

So is the outrage.

OMG TEH PATRIOTZ IS CHEATERS! So what...if they are, they are pretty shitty at it since they keep getting caught.

Real cheating is what happened to us in Green Bay.

Yet, let's dissect what the Patriots effing ballboy did when he may or may not have taken a dump. Not to mention that most QBs admit they may or may not, wink wink, have given the order for a Code Red.

Questioning the integrity of the NFL and football in general goes much deeper than whether or not some stupid footballs were deflated.

dallen

Senior Tech
The cloak and dagger nature of all this shit is so effing funny.

"Person of Interest".

So is the outrage.

OMG TEH PATRIOTZ IS CHEATERS! So what...if they are, they are pretty shitty at it since they keep getting caught.

Real cheating is what happened to us in Green Bay.

Yet, let's dissect what the Patriots effing ballboy did when he may or may not have taken a dump. Not to mention that most QBs admit they may or may not, wink wink, have given the order for a Code Red.

Questioning the integrity of the NFL and football in general goes much deeper than whether or not some stupid footballs were deflated.
I wouldn't say it was orchestrated by Goodell to deflect scrutiny, but the former PR guy sure knows how distract the media when it suits him. Why did it take a almost the whole week for the NFL to start looking into this? Why is the investigation going to last at least 2 more weeks? Because by then the Super Bowl will be over and the media will have moved onto something else. Otherwise we'd have spent the entire last 2 weeks discussing what a terrible season it has been for Goodell.

Top Bottom