Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Ryan Williams contract doesn't mean much to me as far as Murray's status is concerned. What did stand out to me, however, was how the team completely disregarded their own advice about Murray's workload.

After saying earlier in the year that they wanted to cut back on his touches, they did that for about 2 or 3 games. But as we got late into the season, his workload was as heavy if not more so than it had been early in the season. That gives me the impression that they decided just to get as much out of him as they could because they weren't 100% sure, for one reason or another, that he would be coming back next season.

townsend

Banned
The Ryan Williams contract doesn't mean much to me as far as Murray's status is concerned. What did stand out to me, however, was how the team completely disregarded their own advice about Murray's workload.

After saying earlier in the year that they wanted to cut back on his touches, they did that for about 2 or 3 games. But as we got late into the season, his workload was as heavy if not more so than it had been early in the season. That gives me the impression that they decided just to get as much out of him as they could because they weren't 100% sure, for one reason or another, that he would be coming back next season.
Apart from the Washington game, in which we had resolved not to rest starters. Our back was against the wall for the last quarter of the season. I think if we had swept the eagles, and had the division in hand midway through December, we would have rested Murray more.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:picard

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Doesn't matter what he says about that now. When he comes out and can't play defense at all this year they'll change their mind about picking up an option that will be financially on par with the franchise tag.

Cotton

Staff member

Oh good lord.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Doesn't matter what he says about that now. When he comes out and can't play defense at all this year they'll change their mind about picking up an option that will be financially on par with the franchise tag.
They can do that, but it is disturbing that "executive of the year" Jerry thinks that Claiborne has done enough to deserve the option getting picked up.

What exactly has he done to justify that kind of optimistic faith? Oh yeah, zero.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They can do that, but it is disturbing that "executive of the year" Jerry thinks that Claiborne has done enough to deserve the option getting picked up.

What exactly has he done to justify that kind of optimistic faith? Oh yeah, zero.
You know Jerry though, he would blow that kind of smoke if he secretly wanted to have Claiborne murdered for stealing his money. Does unfortunately, likely, mean that they won't try to trade him for Mel Ingram or some other draft bust and will try to stay the course, maybe even pencil him in as a starter to replace Carr. Then, if we resign Moore, he'll end up starting and Claiborne will end up 4th on the depth chart behind Patmon.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I knew he'd be coming back because they were going to do everything they could to salvage such a high pick.

Let's just hope he gets hurt again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Excellent.

That means it's not for sure that he returns.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's code for "I have to talk Deddy out of it".
Works for me. Make the old man see that it was the same logic as the Manziel pick that almost fucked us. Only Claibust did....

Rock on Stephen. New blood, new era...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's code for "I have to talk Deddy out of it".
True, but at least we've gotten to the point where he can be talked out those types of decisions.

Had the Manziel thing been 5 years ago (maybe less?), then there's no way they talk him out of passing on Manziel to take Martin.

At least the old bastid listens now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Let me remind everyone that Jerry Jones is the reigning Executive of the Year.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
On one side great that we are not considering keeping him, on the other his "trade value" (if he had any) is gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom