Coaching Staff Watch Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm sure Pollack will be fine as OL coach. Good luck to Callahan finding 3 All Pros over 4 years in DC.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is Pollack the equivalent to Callahan, an Oline whisperer?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is Pollack the equivalent to Callahan, an Oline whisperer?
Callahan's reputation is overblown.

Good coach but only had productive OLs when there were resources poured into it.

With the Jets they had to get Ferguson and Mangold to make it work. Took getting three Pro Bowlers to get a good OL in Dallas.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Callahan's reputation is overblown.

Good coach but only had productive OLs when there were resources poured into it.

With the Jets they had to get Ferguson and Mangold to make it work. Took getting three Pro Bowlers to get a good OL in Dallas.
Meh, those guys also probably aren't Pro Bowlers with Frank Verducci in charge.

Well Tyron probably would be because he's the high draft pick, physical freak, etc. But I don't think it's coincidence BC had excellent OLs at three straight spots.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meh, those guys also probably aren't Pro Bowlers with Frank Verducci in charge.

Well Tyron probably would be because he's the high draft pick, physical freak, etc. But I don't think it's coincidence BC had excellent OLs at three straight spots.
He is not a bad coach, like I said. But this idea he is some wizard is unfounded. Washington will have to spend a couple of high draft choices on the OL for him to get them off the ground.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sure Pollack will be fine as OL coach. Good luck to Callahan finding 3 All Pros over 4 years in DC.
Agreed.

Pollack learned a lot about zone principles from one of the best in Alex Gibbs. And it is not really a coincidence our OL got a lot better zone blocking once he showed up.

Cotton

Staff member
I'll just leave this here.

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

This white guy had the right attitude when he was in form, just plain nasty. One of Purcell's better reclamation projects.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He is not a bad coach, like I said. But this idea he is some wizard is unfounded. Washington will have to spend a couple of high draft choices on the OL for him to get them off the ground.
Agreed. Callahan is a fine coach but he's not the Marinelli of OL coaches.

dallen

Senior Tech

Sounds good to me. I liked his attitude and the way he turned his career around after some big early set backs.

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't see any facts, just speculation stemming from bitterness.
It's a fact that we are won the less Garrett's role was in the offense. That's not speculation. It's absolute fact.

Top Bottom