Greg Hardy refuses to autograph Carolina Panthers helmet

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Greg Hardy refuses to autograph Carolina Panthers helmet; pulls out $100 bill, signs it for fan.

By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer
Published: 02 November 2015 11:02 PM
Updated: 03 November 2015 09:42 AM

Greg Hardy's former team was playing on TVs all around him at The Owners Box sports bar inside the Omni Hotel Monday night. But the Cowboys' standout pass rusher didn't seem interested. He was surrounded by fans seeking a photo or an autograph as part of a promotion for Gameday Sports Tours.

It's clear that Hardy does not care for the Carolina Panthers, the team that drafted him in 2010 but chose not to re-sign him after he missed all but one game in 2014 while facing domestic violence charges.

Hardy's feelings about the Carolina franchise were particularly evident when Jeremy Smith, a 38-year-old Cowboys fan, approached the Pro Bowl defensive end with a Panthers mini helmet to be signed.

"No, I can't do it," Hardy told him.

However, Hardy quickly found a solution, reaching into his pocket to grab what appeared to be a wad of cash. He peeled off a $100 bill, signed his nickname "Kraken" and handed it to Smith.

"I was a little irritated because I spent $37 on the mini helmet," Smith said. "But he offset it by throwing down the $100 bill. I was a little surprised. It made me feel better."

Smith said he would likely have the bill professionally framed.

Asked about giving out the $100 bill, Hardy responded: "That's for the fans, man. You got to show love."

In three games as a member of the Cowboys, Hardy has three sacks, 12 tackles, an interception and a forced fumble.

"He's playing exceptional," Smith said. "He plays with heart. He says what's on his mind. I don't have a problem with that. It may be a distraction, but I don't care, he's on our team, so I could care less."
---------------
That's pretty cool of Hardy, but I'm wondering if that was a Cowboys fan, what's he doing with a mini panthers helmet?

dallen

Senior Tech
What a monster

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Can we just give this guy 35-40 million guaranteed right now with a clause that nullifies a majority of the guaranteed money if he violates the league's conduct policy again?

Top Bottom