Archer - Dez Bryant: 'Just know I had a great practice'

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dez Bryant: 'Just know I had a great practice'

2h

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- Dez Bryant went through his second straight day of limited practice and was smiling broadly as he made a quick appearance inside the locker room.

“Just know I had a great practice,” Bryant said as he walked toward the training room.

Unlike Wednesday, Bryant took some 11-on-11 snaps, according to offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. During the portion of practice open to the media, Bryant went through his usual routine and opened up one-on-one work with a touchdown catch in front of corner Tyler Patmon on a slant.

The Cowboys aren’t ready to announce he will play Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks. They have one more full practice Friday.

“He’s making some progress,” Linehan said. “I tell you guys this every week, I have no idea what the plan exactly is going to be for playing time, if, when, what. We’ve still got another practice to see how he responds. He got some work done today. Making progress. It’s great to have him out there. It brings a lot of energy and juice to the practice for sure.”

Bryant has missed the last five games recovering from surgery to repair a broken foot suffered in the season opener against the New York Giants.

The Cowboys have missed Bryant’s talent. According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Cowboys' remaining receivers have been among the least productive since Bryant got hurt. They are 31st in targets, 31st in catches, 29th in yards and 29th in touchdown catches.

“He brings that leadership, he brings a presence,” Linehan said. “He brings a guy that defenses are obviously going to be keying in on, which in my mind helps other positions, helps other guys, helps the run game. The Dez Effect I think is going to be what it was for us when he was out there.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Now if they'll find a way to get him the ball 10 times a game we might win some.

dallen

Senior Tech
Cassell showed he will force the balls to his WRs. I have no doubt Dez will see some come his direction.
The difference between Dez and Williams is Dez will fight for the ball

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But we have the greatest offensive line evar!!1!
31st in targets kind of tells you something. Maybe the retard at QB just isn't throwing them the ball. When your RB has 12 + targets a game and your WR has at most 3, it has more to do with the QB and the offense you're running then it does the WR.

Top Bottom