NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Prokhorov is trying to sell the Nets. Guess moving the team to NY and buying old talent isn't an easy fix afterall.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Prokhorov is trying to sell the Nets. Guess moving the team to NY and buying old talent isn't an easy fix afterall.
They are fucked for the considerable future. Simmons broke down their financial commitments and everything and they are really about 5 years from having money and picks to do anything.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They are fucked for the considerable future. Simmons broke down their financial commitments and everything and they are really about 5 years from having money and picks to do anything.
They're about to entry Knicks territory.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's funny listening to jaded Miami sports talk hosts on anything regarding Lebron and the Cavs.

So if you haven't seen it already Lebron lightly shoves David Blatt off the court during a heated exchange with the refs regarding a foul called on Lebron.

To me and the TV analysts it looked like Lebron was pushing Blatt out of the way to either a) Prevent Blatt from picking up a technical foul. Or b) Moving him out of the way so that play could continue, because they were about to throw the ball back in to resume play.

Well listening to the Miami guys you'd think Lebron laid into Blatt like Kam Chancellor coming downhill to lower the boom on WR coming across the middle.

The Heat are terrible but as long as the Cavs are struggling as well all is right in their world. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
Last night Mo Williams joined the 'Worst Player to Score 50 Points' Club.

Current members that I can think of.

Dana Barros
Tony Delk
Corey Brewer
Damon Stoudamire
Michael Redd

Welcome to the club, Mo.

D

Deuce

Last night Mo Williams joined the 'Worst Player to Score 50 Points' Club.

Current members that I can think of.

Dana Barros
Tony Delk
Corey Brewer
Damon Stoudamire
Michael Redd

Welcome to the club, Mo.
Disrespecting Dana Barros and Tony Delk in my presence is a bannable offense.

And, uhhh, Michael Redd was an All Star and really good for a few short seasons on a bad team. Wouldn't say he was bad.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Disrespecting Dana Barros and Tony Delk in my presence is a bannable offense.

And, uhhh, Michael Redd was an All Star and really good for a few short seasons on a bad team. Wouldn't say he was bad.
While it's true Redd did have a couple of All-Star caliber seasons before he got fat and injured, I stand by my list.

He stays.

1bigfan13

Staff member
BTW, once again K-Love didn't get in the game in the 4th quarter, largely due to him being a bit of a defensive liability. That's the second time Blatt has done that to him.

I'm starting to think Love will be one and done in Cleveland. And I think it will be a mutual decision between himself and the team.

I think both sides will come to the realization that its just not a good fit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
BTW, once again K-Love didn't get in the game in the 4th quarter, largely due to him being a bit of a defensive liability. That's the second time Blatt has done that to him.

I'm starting to think Love will be one and done in Cleveland. And I think it will be a mutual decision between himself and the team.

I think both sides will come to the realization that its just not a good fit.
Blatt is a fuck up. As good as Love is as a shooter he did most of his damage from 15 feet in while in Minn. Now they have him as a stretch 4, dumb to have such a good rebounder that far away from the basket. Lebron slimmed down this year too, so I think he even knew it was time for him to get out of the post and be more of a creator. Blatt is wasting Love and I'd fire him immediately if I was Clev. He was initially hired to help build the team with Irving and Wiggins...the Lebron and Love stuff came after...and he is ill prepared to coach a team like this.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think both Love and Westbrook go back to L.A. and become the cornerstones of that franchise as Kobe walks away in 2 years.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Blatt is a fuck up. As good as Love is as a shooter he did most of his damage from 15 feet in while in Minn. Now they have him as a stretch 4, dumb to have such a good rebounder that far away from the basket. Lebron slimmed down this year too, so I think he even knew it was time for him to get out of the post and be more of a creator. Blatt is wasting Love and I'd fire him immediately if I was Clev. He was initially hired to help build the team with Irving and Wiggins...the Lebron and Love stuff came after...and he is ill prepared to coach a team like this.
Earlier in the year I preached patience but at this point I’d have to agree with you, it’s time for Blatt to be removed as HC. Insert an interim coach, maybe Tyrone Lue, and go from there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Thunder, Nets, Hornets Brook Lopez Talks Stall

January 16 at 8:44am CST By Chuck Myron

8:44am: The potential deal between the Thunder, Hornets and Nets is “dead” for the time being, a source tells Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer (on Twitter). Reed Wallach of NetsDaily hears there are a lot of deals in play for the Nets (Twitter link).

FRIDAY, 8:00am: The Nets are trying to change some of the players involved in talks with the Thunder and Hornets as Brooklyn continues to resist closing on a deal, Broussard tweets. The rumors have upset Lopez, as a friend of Lopez tells Robert Windrem of Nets Daily (Twitter link). The NetsDaily scribe writes in a full story that league sources say Stephenson’s absence from the Hornets’ lineup has been because of a poor relationship with coach Steve Clifford, and not a groin injury as the team claims.

THURSDAY, 11:57pm: It’d be a surprise if the Nets, Thunder and Hornets don’t come to a deal that sends Brook Lopez to Oklahoma City, numerous league sources tell Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer (Twitter link), who hears from one source who says such a trade is likely to happen, as Bonnell writes in a full story. The Thunder and Hornets have reportedly agreed to a framework of a trade that would involve Lopez going to the Thunder, Lance Stephenson and Kendrick Perkins going to the Nets, and Jarrett Jack and Jeremy Lamb going to the Hornets. Charlotte would also receive Grant Jerrett in that arrangement, tweets Chris Broussard of ESPN.com, though the Nets appear to be holding out as other teams pursue Lopez.

The Nuggets have spoken about a package involving JaVale McGee, but the Nets aren’t high on Denver’s injury-prone big man, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. The Heat came forward with a proposal involving Chris Andersen, Norris Cole and Josh McRoberts, sources tell Wojnarowski. The Hornets would like to acquire Lopez for themselves, but Brooklyn prefers to send him to the Western Conference, Wojnarowski also hears. The Lakers are also reportedly interested in Lopez.

The Nets were reluctant to take on Stephenson last month, and while the front office remains cautious about him, as other teams around the league believe, Brooklyn’s ownership supports the idea of trading for him, as Wojnarowski details. Brooklyn’s talks involving Deron Williams haven’t found much footing, according to Wojnarowski. The team would like to rid itself of two of Lopez, Williams and Joe Johnson by the trade deadline, and the Nets have indicated to other teams that they want to make a Lopez deal by the weekend.

The Hornets have been “desperate” to trade Stephenson, according to Wojnarowski, though a month ago it appeared Charlotte had put an end to talks, at least temporarily. Still, there’s a strong belief that the shooting guard, a Brooklyn native, will end up back in his hometown, a move he’s hoped to make at some point, tweets Shams Charania of RealGM.

Top Bottom