Divisional Round Playoff Chatter | Cowboys vs Packers | 1/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As for the overturned Dez Bryant call, you can't even blame Steratore. It's process now to chat with NFL HQ in New York for that stuff now.
Exactly what I'm saying.

It's the right call on an absolutely retarded rule.

Carl

RIP Brother
That's not possession and it's after it hits the ground.
It looked like a catch to me. I like Steratore as an official, he generally seems to be unflustered and in control. What do you think of what they are talking about on the Ticket, namely that after Dez gets control of the ball, there is contact with the defender, which would mean he is down by contact.

data

Forbes #1
It looked like a catch to me. I like Steratore as an official, he generally seems to be unflustered and in control. What do you think of what they are talking about on the Ticket, namely that after Dez gets control of the ball, there is contact with the defender, which would mean he is down by contact.
With Steratore calling it incomplete, there is nothing to be 'downed by contact' in the first place.

D

Deuce

Ooooo, more threats from asshole mods who threaten to ban anybody who says anything they don't agree with or like. Fuck you. You want to ban me? Fine. Do it and be damned.
Wasn't a threat, just a less polite warning.

But fuck me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All in all, this effing hurts.

It hurts bad.

This is it for the likes of Romo and Witten.

Oh well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Which one of you assholes beat me to banning Lotuseater?

D

Deuce

I think it's a catch too, I just know how the idiotic rule is interpreted and that's what I've been pointing out.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

It hurts bad.

Oh well.
Waited til the end of their careers to finally address the OL. But then we didn't have much of a defense except for Marinelli, who is now likely gone. At least Jerry and Garrett will be back. :budd

kidd

DCC 4Life
I keep telling myself we were playing with house money so I can't be mad about this. And I'm not mad...at least not at our team.

As for the call... I really can't compare it to last weeks penalty/non-penalty.

That penalty had nothing to do with the fact that the Lions only scored 3 points in the second half. This wasn't even a penalty! It was a stupid call. Dez made a a football move which means he had possession when the ball came loose. The ground cannot cause cause a fumble. It was called a catch initially. I didn't see enough evidence to overturn it. If it had been ruled an incomplete pass, I don't know that there would have been enough to overturn it.

But the biggest reason for us losing was Murray's Fumble IMO.

Carl

RIP Brother
Not that I am really interested any more, but Colts are beating the Broncos.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I think bringing in a new DC could be a blessing in disguise. Marinelli is a great coach, no doubt about it, but it's flat out obnoxious that we refuse to apply pressure. I don't think we blitzed more than 3 times. You can't have that

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
also, I don't think I like Demarco any longer. He will go to a team like the Vikings or Falcons next year and be an average back who fumbles too much

data

Forbes #1

It hurts bad.

Oh well.
Yeah, I don't necessarily hurt for the Cowboys. I hurt more for Romo and Witten.

While some of you are optimistic for next year, this year was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom