Divisional Round Playoff Chatter | Cowboys vs Packers | 1/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The shame of that call is that should have been an all-time great, legendary catch. As good as anything Lynn Swann ever did.

And it was stolen.
The worst part is that this will be rehashed over and over and over. I could have taken a real loss better.

This just makes me sick and not even interested in the offseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Next week: Go Colts, go Seahawks, then go Colts.
Too sickened to watch much of the second game and I will probably skip the rest of the games as well. The whole NFL product has been cheapened when you look at the totality of this past season...horrible officiating, off the field bullshit...all of it. The game is broken.

D

Deuce

The worst part is that this will be rehashed over and over and over. I could have taken a real loss better.

Agreed. Had that catch happened and he either scored there or we did on the next play, that left lots of time for Rodgers to march down on our D and score the game winner. That would have sucked, but I've seen that happen enough to expect it. Being robbed of an opportunity is nauseating.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Goodell has mismanaged the league for sure. At this point we come back cause we're addicts, not cause the product is good. The NHL is vastly underrated and even the NBA puts out a better experience.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm kinda looking forward to the offseason, free agency and draft talk.

Probably because I never believed this team could actually go all the way but with a strong offseason, coupled with some defections from Seattle/New England.... maybe it can.
Why Free Agency? We are screwed there and going to have to sign Dez. I've seen people talk about just a few holes but there will be a few more when we lose a couple of pieces.

kidd

DCC 4Life
That's not coaching scared, it's coaching smart. If they would have run the clock down like they should have, then yeah, go for the field goal.

But they know full well what GB's offense can do, and they know a miss gives GB a short field with 30 seconds. And they know bailey has been shaky and the odds on a make at that distance and those conditions are not high.
I honestly think that's more of a hindsight criticism. If Baily make the kick (which he does at least 8 times out of ten), it's not even brought up whether or not it's the right call.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The more I think about it, the more that Murray fumble was basically the game.
You could just as easly say that the two missed field goals were the game. There were several things that went wrong in tbe game.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Agreed. Had that catch happened and he either scored there or we did on the next play, that left lots of time for Rodgers to march down on our D and score the game winner. That would have sucked, but I've seen that happen enough to expect it. Being robbed of an opportunity is nauseating.
These are my feelings as well. Had we lost in the manner you described, I would have just said we were playing with house money and we were bound to lose sometime and then I would have moved on. I would be disappointed but it would have not been near as painful as this!

The curse of Jimmy lives on...

kidd

DCC 4Life
You could just as easly say that the two missed field goals were the game. There were several things that went wrong in tbe game.
IIRC, the Packers took the ball down the field and scored after the Murray fumble. That's a potential 14 point swing if you consider that we had momentum and most likely would have scored had he not fumbled.

The missed FGs was a six point swing considering that Green Bay took over on downs and scored a FG.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The shame of that call is that should have been an all-time great, legendary catch. As good as anything Lynn Swann ever did.

And it was stolen.
Exactly.

That was an all timer of a play in a big time moment, but it's not going to go down in history as that.

A shame indeed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The play should be the catalyst to change that fucked up rule. It obviously is flawed.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The more I think about it, the more that Murray fumble was basically the game.
That would be number 1.

#2 Inability to recover fumble on kickoff

#3 Shotgun pass on third and short

#4 Idiotic adherence to empty set passing. Especially on second and long. I'm not talking second and 20, I'm talking 2nd and 8 which we were in a lot, and here comes the no RB sets. Seriously, do we even have five guys who are threats to make a play in the passing game out of empty set?

1 Bryant
2 Witten
3 Williams
4 Beasley

Who else?

Surely not Escobust, Street, Hanna or Harris.

So if you must throw a fuck ton of receivers out there, the best set would be 4 wide with Bryant, Williams, Beasley, and Witten with fumbling fuck in the backfield.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Goodell has mismanaged the league for sure. At this point we come back cause we're addicts, not cause the product is good. The NHL is vastly underrated and even the NBA puts out a better experience.
This is exactly what it is, the god damn rules of a sport should not be talked about like they are federal law, "open to interpretation". We shouldn't be talking about officiating crews like they are a court judge, "it depends on their interpretation of the rule".

It's ridiculous, the NFL has become so obsessed with legislating every facet of the game that they can't even understand their own rule book anymore and games turn based on the "interpretation" of a rule.

There is no way you can look at the overturned Cribbs fumble and then the Dez catch (both calls were overturned, which makes it even more ridiculous) and not come to the conclusion that the NFL is completely full of shit.

kidd

DCC 4Life

And it was stolen.
Not only did that call rob us of a good play but all NFL fans were robbed of a great NFL finish.

Think about it.

It the original call stands and Dallas scores on the next play, we get to see Aaron Rodgers attempt to drive his team down the field for a game winning score with less than 4 minutes to play. We get to see if Dallas' defense can stop him.

Instead we see the call overturned and Rodgers and company just try to drain the clock.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Oh, that's exactly right. Lose straight up and it isn't that big of a deal. Tough game against a very good team in their building. Fair enough.

But this? Fuck this.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not only did that call rob us of a good play but all NFL fans were robbed of a great NFL finish.

Think about it.

It the original call stands and Dallas scores on the next play, we get to see Aaron Rodgers attempt to drive his team down the field for a game winning score with less than 4 minutes to play. We get to see if Dallas' defense can stop him.

Instead we see the call overturned and Rodgers and company just try to drain the clock.
Very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom