Divisional Round Playoff Chatter | Cowboys vs Packers | 1/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
Oh well. It was a nice ride that had its moments...in no particular order:

1. Dez with amazing catch vs Houston Texans
2. Dominating the Saints to give us fans a reminder of what it's like to show up against a contender (well, at the time).
3. Beating the Seahawks to make us think this season actually may mean something
4. The Landry Hitch
5. AT&T Lily commercial as the DCC mojo
6. 4-0 December to remind us fans what it's like to not choke

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Cripes if you look at the Calvin Johnson TD it's even worse. What a shit rule. or at least the horrible refs interpreting it.

data

Forbes #1
No. If you're reaching for the end zone and the ball crosses the plane it's a TD. Even if the ball comes out after. Happens all the time with RB's. Calvin Johnson was a different scenario.
Different with RBs because the RBs already have established possession.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Romo is fine for a few more years. Still need to find his eventual replacement. We need him healthy to have any shot though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because at his age, he can lose it in just one offseason.

It's happened many times before to other great players so you have to at least consider that it could happen at any moment.
He could lose it. There just isn't any real reason to believe that he will other then his age. Not any more so then the Patriots with Tom Brady. If you want an example of a QB who looks like age has caught up with him look at Manning, not Romo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No way.

There is absolutely no way that not blitzing was more impactful than the 3rd and 1 shotgun decision at the end of the half or the Murray fumble.

This is not debateable.
If you say it's not debatable then i guess that's that.

data

Forbes #1
I thought Dez established possession.
The opinion that matters is the refs, unfortunately. Per their interpretation, Dez could've stumbled and stumbled through the end zone, into the tunnel 300 steps later but once he eventually falls and the ball comes out, it's incomplete.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Romo is fine for a few more years. Still need to find his eventual replacement. We need him healthy to have any shot though.
We won't even look til he's gone. Jerry has his eggs in that one basket and that's how it'll be. And the only way we got Romo is by lucking into him as an undrafted FA a few years after Troy was gone.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The opinion that matters is the refs, unfortunately. Per their interpretation, Dez could've stumbled and stumbled through the end zone, into the tunnel 300 steps later but once he eventually falls and the ball comes out, it's incomplete.
I know. What I'm saying is if you establish possession and reach for the goal line and crosses the plane its a TD. If you make a catch, establish possession, but don't maintain it all the way through completion of a catch it's incomplete.

data

Forbes #1
Hell, he caught the ball twice and it never touched the ground from what I saw...
Yeah, the NFL/Blandino has yet to state that the ball actually touched the ground. They only acknowledge the ball popped up.

data

Forbes #1
:lol

In the Colts/Broncos game, Mike Carey just said that that the punt returner needs to establish possession by making a football move as well.

This time, the refs overtturned the call on the field to say the split second that Cribbs had the ball was enough to be considered possession.
-------

So Dez having three feet, a knee and forearm down isn't possession, but Joshua Cribbs having a split second is enough.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Looks to me like he made the catch was contacted then his knee was down before the ball came out. Down by contact. I think Bryants catch was the same way. Caught the ball took three steps was contacted then his elbow touched before the ball came out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with this. Although this looks like a pretty bad draft to try and find that replacement to develop. I guess maybe someone like Bryce Petty as a middle round pick has a chance to develop.

Carl

RIP Brother
I can't find the replay anywhere; does anyone have the explanation from the on field official as to why the Bryant catch was overturned. If there is a video of the explanation, I'd like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom