Week 7 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Giants | 10/25/2015

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This game is a toss up, IMO.

We have the horses on defense to keep things close. Just need the offense to give us some points to work with.

Give me Giants 26 Cowboys 23.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's do this.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I laugh at the idiots who assume Cassel will suck just because EJ Manuel was ahead of him on the Bills depth chart.

Th Bills mainly made that decision based on potential. Manuel's the younger guy with less tape on him so people tend to put more faith in unknown commodities over known JAGs like Cassel.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Yahoo stream is shitty during the game...clear as shit for halftime and the commercials. Figures.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I laugh at the idiots who assume Cassel will suck just because EJ Manuel was ahead of him on the Bills depth chart.

Th Bills were mainly made that decision based on potential. Manuel's the younger guy with less tape on him so people tend to put more faith in unknown commodities over known JAGs like Cassel.
Just because Manuel sucks does not mean Cassel is any better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
BTW primer is up.
[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] is at lunch.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Earlier this morning ESPN was highlighting a 4 INT game Cassel had in his last start as a Viking.

The INTs came on aggressive throws down field.

I said a couple of weeks ago if Cassel throws a couple of INTs making throws down field, I'm fine with that because at least he's trying.

Weeden's style of playing, while safe/conservative, will not net you any wins. Hence his 0-12 record over his last 12 starts.

I'm interested in seeing the new look offense. We made two clear upgrades (QB & LG) that should pay immediate dividends.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just because Manuel sucks does not mean Cassel is any better.
The stats, W-L record, and eye test says otherwise.

EJ Manuel is complete shit and shouldn't even be in the league. Cassel is at least a serviceable back up.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Th Bills were mainly made that decision based on potential. Manuel's the younger guy with less tape on him so people tend to put more faith in unknown commodities over known JAGs like Cassel.
Saw a report that some Bills players were upset when he was dealt because he was thought of as their best QB.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Allen Robinson is quietly having a nice season.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Yahoo stream is shitty during the game...clear as shit for halftime and the commercials. Figures.
I tuned in for 5-10 minutes just to see how the stream held up and as you mentioned it was inconsistent.

It was clear for me for the most part but a couple of times the picture blurred up and it buffered for a couple of seconds another time.

Cotton

Staff member
Saw a report that some Bills players were upset when he was dealt because he was thought of as their best QB.
So were the coaches.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The stats, W-L record, and eye test says otherwise.

EJ Manuel is complete shit and shouldn't even be in the league. Cassel is at least a serviceable back up.
Exactly right...Cassel is not a world beater, but he is better than Manuel. Not tracking how their could be an intelligent argument for Manuel over Cassel.

Cotton

Staff member
Is this game being broadcast by another means than streaming?

Cotton

Staff member
Exactly right...Cassel is not a world beater, but he is better than Manuel. Not tracking how their could be an intelligent argument for Manuel over Cassel.
The only one I can think of (and, it's not a very good one) is that Manuel was cheaper to keep.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought the Bills D was supposed to be kick ass and stuff. Looks pretty effing ordinary to me.

data

Forbes #1
If this were the Cowboys playing in London, available on streaming only and early hours...rioting.

Top Bottom