Gosselin: Tony Romo's replacement isn't in the draft, he's in Detroit

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Not crazy about Stafford, and Detroit will pay him and keep him anyway, but anything you can say about him you can say about Joe Flacco or Eli Manning. He's a big guy with a big arm that isn't much good at creating, he can make all the throws but he can't take anything that the OC isn't creating for him or the D isn't giving him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's an interesting thought. I think he can win in the right environment. And you can usually count on a QB to playwell into his 30s .

I agree that Detroit probably wouldn't ever let him go. He's got his flaws but also is probably the best QB they've had in 50 years. It'd probably be hard for them to walk away.

shane

DCC 4Life
It's an interesting thought. I think he can win in the right environment. And you can usually count on a QB to playwell into his 30s .

I agree that Detroit probably wouldn't ever let him go. He's got his flaws but also is probably the best QB they've had in 50 years. It'd probably be hard for them to walk away.
The fans are turning on Stafford in Detroit, and the situation is deteriorating rapidly there. He might want out. I'm from the area so I've watched a lot of him. I thought he was great and had a lot of potential but he's really regressed in the past couple years. I think he might be Lionized. Still, we could do a lot worse post-Romo than him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If Stafford is a free agent it would be because Detroit didn't want him, not because they couldn't afford him.

Situations like a Drew Brees hitting free agency just don't happen very often. That was a perfect storm of him being injured and San Diego drafting Eli and trading for Rivers.

He went to New Orleans and will probably be a first ballot HOFer.

Stafford is a fixer-upper who reminds me more of Jay Cutler.

BTW, I started skimming the moment they listed Eddie George as one of Jerry's "talented" mercenaries.
Detroit is not some great decision making team. I like Stafford quite a bit. He makes mistakes for sure, but I also see him as a guy who can get guys to fall in behind him.

Top Bottom